We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two Week Stay

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
105 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Two Week Stay

My husband and I love the Caribbean and I am contemplating a two week visit to T&C. I'm thinking a week at Provo and then a week at Middle. We love the beach, love snorkeling, wouldn't mind a day trip or two (sailing, etc.), enjoy going out for dinner/drinks, meeting the locals, etc.. We also love the idea of just days on end with nothing to do but relax. So, a nice mixed bag, I guess you'd say.

My question is this: is a week in each place going to be too long? Too short? Just right? Any advice on things not to be missed in either place?

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two Week Stay

Two week not long enough!

Seriously though, you'll have great time in both but they are TOTALLY different places.

Provo has great beaches and fine dining (as well as casual bars etc) Middle has limited eating options etc but if you cater in your own villa, who cares!!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
105 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two Week Stay

Thanks for the reply. I'm in love with T&C and haven't even been there yet! We are planning to provision at both places for breakfast, lunches and a few dinners. I'm thrilled at the prospect of two weeks!

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two Week Stay

i assume you WILL be renting a villa on Middle?

London,Ont...
Level Contributor
550 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Two Week Stay

A week on Middle might be pushing it, but 2 weeks in total is not too much.

We are heading to Provo for 3 weeks (yes again) in July.

Thats just long enough to settle right in.

Surprising how long it takes to get used to doing nothing. :-)

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
105 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two Week Stay

Yes, our plan at this point is to stay at Blue Horizon on Middle. It looks amazing.

Vidor, Texas
Level Contributor
467 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two Week Stay

Blue Horizon is amazing. Our second trip there coming up this summer. We spent five days there in October and didn't want to leave. Take advantage of the grocery service so you don't have to lug all the food yourself. Make sure not to miss Wild Cow Run and the caves. Bring bug spray, they can get plague-like after it rains. Looking forward to seeing your trip reports.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Two Week Stay

Two weeks between Middle and Provo sounds like bliss to me! While on Middle you can explore North as well. Never a dull moment. I'm looking to do the same split soon hopefully.

BC
Level Contributor
93 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Two Week Stay

Lots of beaches to hit up on Middle, plus the Wade Green plantation, Blue Horizon is a perfect base for a week. We were there for 4 days and it didn't take long to get used to not doing anything, afternoon naps are great on the screened in deck.

New York
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Two Week Stay

As another thread on this forum said, do your research. People are different and what works for one may not be right for you.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
105 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Two Week Stay

Indeed, this is part of my research. ;) Thanks!

Get answers to your questions about Turks and Caicos