We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do the local tourism workers like Americans or tolerate us?

Tennessee
Level Contributor
266 posts
Save Topic
Do the local tourism workers like Americans or tolerate us?

Do the average tourism workers (restaurants, hotels, etc.) generally like Americans in general, or do the just tolerate us?

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Do the local tourism workers like Americans or tolerate us?

Please don't think that the unfortunately events that have been happening on TCI are the norm. Overall the people/belongers are all very kind and friendly. They lean to be on the shy side, but if you open communication and offer a smile, they will respond in same.

maryland
Level Contributor
4,791 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do the local tourism workers like Americans or tolerate us?

Maca, exactly, we have met so many wonderful people on island. We email with them and visit when we are there.

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,697 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do the local tourism workers like Americans or tolerate us?

I think there are a lot of very nice people in T&C and they all shouldn't be punished for the few idiots that has this forum in an uproar. I think we have enough post on this subject to get enough views by travelers.,and some that are just trying to stir the pot, with different subject post.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,236 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do the local tourism workers like Americans or tolerate us?

What camke said

Mullica Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do the local tourism workers like Americans or tolerate us?

Agree

6. Re: Do the local tourism workers like Americans or tolerate us?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 May 2013, 14:50
Exeter, New...
Level Contributor
657 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Do the local tourism workers like Americans or tolerate us?

Well said Scubajo!!!

Oakbrook Terrace...
Level Contributor
761 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do the local tourism workers like Americans or tolerate us?

Disclosure: I have never been in T&C. My trip is coming up.

I am commenting here because my origin is caribbean.

Caribbians are the most noble, frank, sincere, friendy and peaceful people - in general.

This reminds me of the time I wanted to go to Paris and husband was a bit reluctant because he had in his head that French people hated Americans. After a few trips he totally changed his mind. French people is nice if you are nice to them. Actually, they went overboard to explain us how to get to places when we were lost.

While I have some concerns, about the recent events in the island, I am not worry about the people of the island. I will give them a chance.