We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather during Xmas - mixed response

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather during Xmas - mixed response

Hi there!

I understand the Caribbean's weather is usually pretty good and I know people escape their winter's to come to the Caribbean for some sun. However, I just spoke to a travel agent and she said T&C is usually around 70's during this time of the year. Any input?

Thanks

Linda

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather during Xmas - mixed response

its defintly cooler then for sure, its just starting to heat up here now.

i prefer the summer as the sea is warmer, but if you are coming at Xmas, say from colder climates then its paradise here!!

I know divers that only come in the summer for sea temps, and others from NYc that only come in Dec / Jan for warmer nights!!

take your pick!!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather during Xmas - mixed response

What is the average temp around Xmas? We are coming from Los Angeles, so we're spoiled by warm winters :)

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,684 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather during Xmas - mixed response

Has your travel agent been or are they going on hearsay?

I've been the last 12 New Years, and 11 of them have been sunny and low 80s, with low 70s at night. 1 year was exceptionally cool, but it was exceptionally cool everywhere in Caribbean that time.

I have no Stats for you, just my experience.

I think it's perfect weather.

Toronto
Level Contributor
555 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather during Xmas - mixed response

We spent 2 weeks over Christmas/NewYrs and we had great weather. Only one "bad" day and we dived that day. Thank god for Dramamine. It got a little cool at night a few days but nothing worth mentioning. However for diving the water was cool and this year I'm bringing my 7mm suit. I used 2 wetsuits on our last trip and was still cool. Nothing like spending the holidays down south! If you hunt around you might find a place where there isn't a holiday premium.

Edited: 07 May 2013, 22:21
Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,151 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather during Xmas - mixed response

In December:

Average Temp - 78F.

Average High - 82F.

Average Low - 75F.

Average Rainfall - 3.4 inches (vs. 1 inch in driest month) - FYI Nov. & Dec. are the wettest months.

New York
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather during Xmas - mixed response

check out: wherewhenhow.com/turks-caicos-islands/…

You might have to copy and paste. It shows what the average air and water temperatures are

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,223 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather during Xmas - mixed response

We've traveled to TCI many times in December and have had a few trips that had some chilly/windy days. The water is cooler and it takes a little time to adjust, but still a nice time to go. I get cold easily though. It's better than being home in the snow :-)

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
3,349 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather during Xmas - mixed response

Have never wanted to be any where else at that time.

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,026 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather during Xmas - mixed response

We have gone every December for years and it is usually about 80 during the day, low 70's at night. Water temp is about 75. The days are short, but we enjoy the beach at the height of the day and the cooler, clear nights looking at the amazing stars. Doesn't get much better than that.

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,200 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather during Xmas - mixed response

Only been to Provo a couple of times in December. Joe is right about the short days. I look at the time @ 5 pm and wonder where the hell is the Sun? Damn, it's dark already. Kind of sneaks up on you. It is kind of pretty to see the lights of the resorts lit up along Grace Bay though. One advantage is seeing the sky canopy(twinkling stars staring down on you) walking along the beach @ 6 pm. Sometimes we get an extra 10 pm repeat of walking on the beach area in front of our resort. DR. JIM