We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report May 19-25

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
105 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report May 19-25

My turn I guess. Not really that good of a writer but will give it a try. At least I know I won't be graded.

We stayed at the Atlantic Ocean Beach Villas and had the Hibiscus and Magnolia condos. The four 22 year old girls had the magnolia because it was the larger one. Lois and I share the hibiscus. Our stayed nice and neat theirs was a full blown miss. College has not taught them house keeping. So sorry Luis. To save on money I packed a soft sided cooler with 3lbs of frozen lunch meat several different cheeses and six frozen water bottles plus 2 frozen bottles with milk. Our total travel time was 6 hrs and everything was still frozen when we arrived. I had put the cooler in another suitcase which I added 2 loaves of bread, crackers, Pringles and all kind of other goodies. I used plastic containers to protect the bread. For the most part we had breakfast and lunch at our condo and ate dinners out. This saved so much money. I also brought little plastics bottles of wine (no breakage there) and girls bought their rum and what not in Miami. This all worked out very well.

Gloria met us at the airport as planned, our villa was ready when we arrived, off with clothes on with the swimsuits and down to the beach we went. It was a little windy and the water was not as calm as I had hoped but I came to snorkel and that's what I did. It was cold at first but got use to it. I was not it the water for long when a stingray and its fish friend swam by. It took me awhile to find the reef (don't know why it was right in front of the beach) but once I found it I never wanted to leave.

People were getting hungry and we had all been up since 4am so we got showered and headed to Shark Bites with our buy one get one free drink coupons we found the magazines they gave us. So much planning so stressed so relaxed!! Beautiful view, ocean breeze, love my conch fritters and rum punch. Walking back at night we saw the security guard and felt safe. No problems.

Day 2 twelve hours of sleep (love my bed) Girls wanted to bike to coral garden. Have not been on one for about 15yrs but like they say you never forget. We backed a bag will towels and snorkel and head out. No one fell off. My friend Lois has never snorkeled so I showed her how but the snorkels from the villas aren't that good so I gave her mine that I had brought with me. We saw a nurse shark, parrot fish, cowfish and other sea life. My camera (Olympus TG 1) performed beautifully. I never had any problems with it and came home with over 500 photos (400 of those underwater ) we had drinks and nachos at the bar then peddled ourselves back to villa and snorkeled some more. Had dinner at Baci which took forever but food was good. The girls rode bikes to store for their mixers and later went to Jimmy's dive bar by Gloria's taxi got home after midnight.

Will continue later must work now.

Mentioned in this post
Atlantic Ocean Beach Villas
Atlantic Ocean Beach...
311 Reviews
Providenciales
Jimmy's Dive Bar
Jimmy's Dive Bar
1,041 Reviews
Providenciales
Coconut grove restaurant and lounge
££ - £££, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood
Cocovan
££ - £££, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood
Turks Kebab
£, Mediterranean, Turkish, Greek
Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
5,159 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report May 19-25

I hate when work gets in the way of a trip report!! ; ) Keep it coming, sounds great so far, thanks.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report May 19-25

Can't wait to hear more!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
49 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report May 19-25

We're staying at Atlantic Ocean Beach Villas again in a little over a week.

Last September it was a daily battle to score one of the dwindling beach umbrellas. Watched several break when people failed to secure them to the bottom weight and they blew away and snapped on landing. None had the pin necessary to keep them open - almost everyone copied me and found a skewer in their kitchen. Were there enuf umbrellas for all this year?

As best I can think, that's about the only worry I have about this trip (and that's a good thing). Can't wait!! Also can't wait to hear more of your report.

Mentioned in this post
Atlantic Ocean Beach Villas
Atlantic Ocean Beach...
311 Reviews
Providenciales
Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,264 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report May 19-25

Okay, I don't grade trip reports. But I like yours. That's because I love reading trip reports. Sharing is good. DR. JIM

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
15,504 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report May 19-25

sounds good to me, keep writing!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report May 19-25

Keep reporting!

We stayed at AOBV (Jasmine) a couple of years ago and loved it! Luz is amazing, isn't she!

When we were there, they only had a couple of other villas rented, so we had no problem with the umbrellas.

Looking forward to the rest of your report! .....And good job going all the way to Coral Gardens on those bikes! I was pretty wobbly.....but then it had been about 30yrs last time I biked!

7. Re: Trip report May 19-25

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2014, 05:18