We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report May 19-25 day 3-4

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
105 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report May 19-25 day 3-4

Got up very early still looking for the rain that was predicted for everyday but blue sky's still there. Walked over to the girls villa and peeked through the window. Hard to tell if anyone was there then there was movement on the couch. Lois and I decided to walk to Greenbean for water, muffins and soda. Watch the tv had not heard about the tornados very sad. Walked over to the Tiki Hiut because we could not find it last night then found a very small shop and bought some T-shirts. Decided to book Caicos Dream Tours for Weds. Back to the villa by then the girl were up and eating. Beach and snorkel time. Never needed the umbrella because I stayed in water but Lois was under one while she was reading. Girls were tanning, kayaking and swimming. Snorkeled until I got hungry and noticed they left me. Rode bikes to gelato place. Sad that there are no shops in that area. Hung out by the pool then Gloria took us to the IGA. Spent about $60 on chips water soda bananas much cheaper muffins and bread to feed hungry girls. Dinner at Tiki Hut for fish tacos. Girls stayed in that night.

Day 4 up early walked the beach to the children's beach and back then did it again with Lois. Packed lunch to take with us for snorkel tour. Unlimited rum punch on boat should I say more. Yes we were the party boat. Most people seemed ok with it. The barrier reef was beautiful the conch dive was not diving at all and I let mine go (not legal and didn't want to kill it anyway). Plus they had extras. Girls shot gun some beer with some of the men on boat then off to the island. The water was so many colors of blue and there was kite boarders doing their thing. Saw a few iguinas. We had sandwiches and conch salad all the beer and rum punch was gone. We were the last off the boat since they had to go back to Turtle Cove. It's rib night so after we all cleaned up we went back to Turtle Cove and the Tiki Hut The ribs were surprisingly really good Texas barbecue good. We drank only water that night. Back to our quiet little villa exhausted. Tomorrow is Thursday night fish fry and our last 2 days:-(

Equipment Hire, Water Sports, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Eco Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing
Big Blue Unlimited
Boat Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing, Eco Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Stand-Up Paddleboarding
Oasis Divers
Fishing Charters & Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Kayaking & Canoeing
SURFside Ocean Academy
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Waterskiing & Jetskiing, Eco Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing
Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report May 19-25 day 3-4

You are the first visitors I have ever heard of that drank the snorkel cruise dry! :-) What a fun time you all must have had! Sounds like you're enjoying every moment....unfortunately, the time does go by too fast.

Enjoy your last two days! :-)

2. Re: Trip report May 19-25 day 3-4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2014, 06:17