We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in July

Allen, Texas...
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in July

My husband and I are taking our delayed honeymoon to Providenciales from July 5th through 11th. This will be our first-ever trip outside of the US for both of us. I have researched it an have kind of discovered this is not an ideal time to travel there according to some websites. Does anyone know what the normal weather for this time of the year is? Is it really rainy most of the time? Does it get hit by hurricanes often?

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,086 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in July

Hot, beautiful, occasional late afternoon thunder storms to cool you off. You will welcome them.

I don't think there has been a hurricane in July in recent memory. Late Augus,. all of September, October are the riskier months. Lots of people that are regulars go in July because it is one of the best times to go. Prices are less, less people too.

Congrats on your honeymoon!

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,239 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in July

In July:

Average Temperature - 83 F.

Average High - 87 F.

Average Low - 80 F.

Average Rainfall - 1.2 inches (second driest month of the year). For comparison wettest month is Nov. which averages 3.7 inches).

Since 1851 there have only been 3 hurricanes that affected the island of Provo during the month of July. You can research the frequency of hurricanes for Provo (or any other Caribbean island) at www.stormcarib.com - use the "Climatology" link and select "Hits & Misses" - scroll down to the island you want. You'll find a list by date of every major tropical storm/hurricane that affected that island since 1851.

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,086 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in July

CaribSurfer, the resident weather encyclopedia has spoken...worry not. : )

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in July

Wow....great info CaribSurfer!

Have a wonderful time Lacy! You'll love it!

I see you're from Texas....heading there for the first time on Sunday!

Allen, Texas...
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in July

Thanks everyone for all the info, I can rest a little easier now.

Really maca? What part of Texas?

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,249 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in July

Oh I love Turks and Caicos in July! Its a great time to go. Might have a rain shower, might not. Water is so nice and warm that you can float in it all day and into the evening. One of my favorite times to go! Have a great trip!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in July

Lacy.....San Antonio, I here it's a great city! I'm there for a meeting and extending some free time for a few days!

Have a wonderful vacation in Provo!

Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in July

we left Baltimore behind for Provo last July, It was 105 degrees at home and 85 degrees in Provo, I can do that math!!! not to mention that the waters of Grace Bay were calm, cool and mind blowing blue...just talkin'!

new jersey
Level Contributor
63 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in July

Went last July and going again this July. Water temp. is amazing.

Beverly...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in July

It was and me too :-)