We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I guess United was influenced by Jet Blue.....

Milltown, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
I guess United was influenced by Jet Blue.....

I checked air fare on 7/17 for next June from Newark to Provo and it was $974 for 2. Just checked now and it is $1952...That is crazy stuff. It went up almost $1000 in 6 days!!!!!!!!! This is out of control.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I guess United was influenced by Jet Blue.....

Wow, that's a crazy price increase!

Looking like we'll have to pay around that price. I'm still watching flights.....hoping they come down soon!

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,395 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I guess United was influenced by Jet Blue.....

JG, I did a random search for dates next June from Newark and saw several fares that were still only $486 per person. We'll most likely be looking at the end of June again for next year.

Milltown, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I guess United was influenced by Jet Blue.....

Relayer, I just rushed and checked again and it is $1952..I would have jumped on the $486 pp

We are going earlier in June next year..

We are going to Lambertville on 9/20 for the night,,Maybe we can meet for drinks..Let me know

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I guess United was influenced by Jet Blue.....

I have been checking fares for our trip next year as well. We don't have much choice but to fly AA out of LAX. It's really the best option for us from here as you can leave LAX around 9:00am and be in Provo by 8:00pm with a change of planes in Miami. Pretty much the same on the way back. We could do Jet Blue for a little less but my days of red eye flights and long layovers are over.

So right now they are only booking out until June 20th or thereabouts and I found a rate for a Sunday departure and a Wednesday return for $585.00 per person. If I could get that rate for our dates I would book right now! Hopefully, they will stay around that price when I can book in a few weeks....finger's crossed!

JG, I hope your fares come back down to reality....keep checking-sometimes they throw a special fare out there and you might get lucky...that has happened to us before but usually when it does my fingers are shaking so bad due to disbelief that I can hardly book it! ;-)

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
10,275 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: I guess United was influenced by Jet Blue.....

It appears there are some bigger Airline challenges that awaits us. Make sure you have your negotiation tactics, strategies, skills,etc. ready for a tougher player you will be going up against. I just got 2 R/T tickets(late November) for a 6 dayer for a total of $249 that plunks down in Miami with an extended excursion to Provo for 5 nights. Oh, Medical trip insurance was $45 extra. DR. JIM

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I guess United was influenced by Jet Blue.....

The June rates will come down. The first week in June is pricing in the low 500s on United. Sometimes the first few days dates are loaded into the system they come up high on United and then drop. Those high price on United for June won't hold.

Unfortuntely, the high spring break rates on Jet Blue likely will stay high.

Milltown, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I guess United was influenced by Jet Blue.....

Jess, that is what confused me..6 days ago the rates were $486 and they skyrocketed. I hope they do come down to what the were a week ago.

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,395 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I guess United was influenced by Jet Blue.....

The dates I was specifically looking at were leaving June 6, 8 or 9 and returning on the 13th, 15th and 16th. I will look into the 20th. I know the 21st is the Newtown Beerfest, safe to assume where I'll be that day :)

marlton
Level Contributor
143 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I guess United was influenced by Jet Blue.....

Jersey Girl....we booked from EWR/Newark when they went on sale for our July/August trip. We live near Philly but compared both airports and Newark was cheaper. 24 hours later the PHL airfares doubled. Sounds crazy but it does happen.

Milltown, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I guess United was influenced by Jet Blue.....

It is going to be a wild ride...Fare is back to $974.

Yikes!!!!

Get answers to your questions about Turks and Caicos