We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about club med

Torontoq
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Question about club med

Hi Guys,

I have never been to T&C. I was actually looking at all inclusive to Jamaica when i came across a

deal for Club med T&C Turquoise resort. It seems too good to be true. First of all i thought there was only 1 all inclusive in T&C and it was 3000 per person.

I am getting club med T&C Airfare from Toronto 7 nights stay for 1550 per person

I see there are some Club med fees? Does this seem right? am i missing something?

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about club med

This about the right price for Club Med.

There are two AIs on Provo/TCI, Club Med and Beaches. The AI part is about the only thing they have in common. Beaches is very family-friendly and both nice/luxurious and expensive. Club Med is adults only, very non-luxurious, and relatively inexpensive (if you get one of their "specials").

Understand that Club Med is a very "basic" resort... nothing fancy: no balconies/patios, no room service, rooms and facilities are basic (but clean). It was built about 30 years ago and has seen only relatively minior updating since then. On the other hand, if you like sports and other activities (snorkeling, windsurfing sailing, tennis, circus/trapeze, etc., and are somewhat social (group tables, lots of group activities) then it can be an ideal vacation. The Club Med resort does have probably the best section (about 1/2 mile) of the best beach in the Caribbean.

Club Med is a different type of resort. If you have not been to one before, I suggest you take a look at some of my trip reports to the Turkoise Club Med at www.hammocktree.us/ms/trips.html and check the many photos and especially see the "Guide for First Time GMs" at the top of that page.

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,709 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about club med

Well said. Really very good. DR. JIM

Torontoq
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about club med

Thanks for the reply.

I am gonna stick to Jamaica cause i cannot afford 3000 per person :)

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about club med

I don't think I understand your reply.... The Beaches resort would probably be at least $3000 per person but the Club Med should run around $1500 per person, airfare included, as you were quoted. If you don't want to go to the Club Med for some other reason, that is certainly fine, but I think it does meet your budget.

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,709 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about club med

Your last question sentence was "am I missing something?" YES, because Club Med sits on the best Oceanfront location of prime real estate on world class Grace Bay. DR. JIM

Torontoq
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about club med

i guess i should have added, I'm not willing to give up a nice room for an amazing beach. we are not into all those sports so it would not make sense for us

I rather do 1500 and go to Jamaica where the beach is nice and the rooms are too

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question about club med

OK, that is a good reason....

If you are not into sports and activities, the Club Med is probably not a good choice.

I will suggest, however, that at a $1500 price point, the rooms in Jamaica will not be exactly luxurious or fancy. Decent and comfortable, but not great. If you want a nice beach, I suggest you look at the Negril area, rather than Runaway Bay or Ocho Rios areas.

In any case, have fun!

Torontoq
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question about club med

Definitely Negril.

I can get into Couples Tower isle for 1450

saldals montego bay/whitehouse are around 1600

hoping prices drop soon

I actually DO want to go to negril but they are more liek 1700+ right now for any of the adults only

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Question about club med

OK, but be aware that Tower Isle has a very small beach... nice but small.

Also, Sandels Montego Bay is right next (and I mean RIGHT NEXT) to the end of the airport runway. Some people say it bothers them, some say it doesn't, just be aware. On the other hand, that means it is not a long ride from the airport to the resort as are the other resort areas.

Torontoq
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Question about club med

Which adults only do you recommend?