We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which of these would you choose?

Tennessee
Level Contributor
270 posts
Save Topic
Which of these would you choose?

In order to maximize my time on the beach at Grace Bay next month, I want to limit a whole day away on a day-trip to just one. I've narrowed my choices down to two.......a day on Middle & North Caicos with a rental car, OR.....the full-day tour with Caicos Dream. Just curious which one you TCI veterans would opt for?

Mentioned in this post
Grace Bay
Grace Bay
6,106 Reviews
Providenciales
North Caicos
North Caicos
Turks and Caicos
Caicos Dream Tours
Caicos Dream Tours
2,081 Reviews
Providenciales
Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,203 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which of these would you choose?

Caicos Dream Tours. North and Middle are a total waste of time.

Mentioned in this post
Caicos Dream Tours
Caicos Dream Tours
2,081 Reviews
Providenciales
Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Which of these would you choose?

Well, this is an easy question with NO right or wrong, but we have been going to North/Middle Caicos the past 20 years and we are going for our 8th time in a couple of weeks. Now, John(Owner-Caicos Dreams) and his kind wife have met both of us @ the Provo International Airport 2 years ago. The conversation we had really made an impression on all of us. They are very generous in what they do for the people of Provo, especially the children. So if I would chose a water excursion, Caicos Dreams would be my 1st choice. DR. JIM

Mentioned in this post
Middle Caicos
Middle Caicos
Turks and Caicos
Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which of these would you choose?

I would pick the all day tour with Caicos Dream Tours. If you are adventurous and don't mind spending time off the beach in car exploring then definitely do the other one. But if you want a laid back fun day with no worries you can't beat the all day tour with CDT.

Have fun!

Edited: 04 August 2013, 06:01
Mentioned in this post
Caicos Dream Tours
Caicos Dream Tours
2,081 Reviews
Providenciales
Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
15,510 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which of these would you choose?

If first visit to TCI, then Caicos dream tours. You have to see the Cays.

Half Moon Bay is stunning, and you have to go out on a boat over the water, you'll feel you're boating on a giant swimming pool.

You will return, next trip day tour of Middle.

While on Provo though, you must break away and see Chalk Sound, it's do not miss! Add Sapadilla and Taylor Bays to it. You can do it in a couple of hours. So different yetq stunning. In that time fram drive down Blue Hills (Da

Conch Shack) to. See colorful buildings and boats against the gorgeous water.

Mentioned in this post
Caicos Dream Tours
Caicos Dream Tours
2,081 Reviews
Providenciales
Half Moon Bay
Half Moon Bay
165 Reviews
Providenciales
Chalk Sound
Chalk Sound
1,187 Reviews
Providenciales
Tennessee
Level Contributor
270 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which of these would you choose?

Great!! I was kind of hoping that would be the answer. The Caicos Dream day trip it is. I really do want to see the other islands (North and Middle) but like Blamona says, I also need a day (which I forgot about in my original post) to spend at Taylor Bay and Chalk Sound, with lunch at Las Brisas. So I'll go with Blamona's other suggestion....that I return another time for the Middle/North trip. Yeah, that's what I'll do!!!!!! :)

Mentioned in this post
Caicos Dream Tours
Caicos Dream Tours
2,081 Reviews
Providenciales
Taylor Bay Beach
Taylor Bay Beach
1,291 Reviews
Providenciales
Chalk Sound
Chalk Sound
1,187 Reviews
Providenciales
Las Brisas Restaurant
Las Brisas Restaurant
1,625 Reviews
Providenciales
massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,724 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which of these would you choose?

zzzoey,

I went out on the full day in April with CDT, and posted some pictures along with a little write up about the adventure. We went all the way down to Ft George, Had a BBQ cookout, which was delish overlooking Dellis Cay, went over to Half Moon Bay...had a blast.

Her are some pictures...You won't regret going at all.

www.turkscaicos01.shutterfly.com/89

Mentioned in this post
Half Moon Bay
Half Moon Bay
165 Reviews
Providenciales
New York
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which of these would you choose?

Your pictures look so nice Camke! You were the reason we booked with Caicos Dream Tour and we really enjoyed it!

Mentioned in this post
Caicos Dream Tours
Caicos Dream Tours
2,081 Reviews
Providenciales
Tennessee
Level Contributor
270 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Which of these would you choose?

Thanks for the beautiful pictures Camke. Where was the barbeque and how long did you stay in that location?

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,724 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which of these would you choose?

It was on the backside of Ft George over looking Dellis Cay...Beautiful spot ...we stayed about 1 hour maybe a little more. It was just enough time to explore, and take pictures where you didn't feel rushed. We did so much that day....we snorkeled for sand dollars also. If it's lobster season they also prepare lobster tails. It wasn't lobster season in April ..they did have a seafood stew along with BBQ chicken, conch salad, baked potato, garlic bread, corn on the cob.

Have a Great time whatever you decide to do, and don't forget to post some pictures when you get back

10. Re: Which of these would you choose?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2014, 05:18