We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday evening flight- airport

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
931 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday evening flight- airport

We just got back. Our flight was the 7:40 pm BA flight. We were the last flight going out and the flight before that was at 5 pm.

Between the 5 of us travelling together, we have been to hundreds of airports both small and hellishly large. We found that this was the worse airport we have been through and were happy we were the only flight to be going through. It took us 40 minutes to check in with only 2 families in front of us and 1 hour to go through security which had about 40 people ahead of us. The check in and security was very hot! There were plenty of seats after security and lots of fans blowing. So, the wait was tolerable. The facilities are few and, my oh my, they know how to charge for a cold drink! It was $5 for a bottle of gatorade. Luckily, the sun had set and the walk to the plane was fine.

It will be a blessing to see the airport enlarged. It is definitely needed.

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday evening flight- airport

I only ever use the Sunday / BA flight for travelling to the UK.

But no fast track for Club World which is pretty bad!!

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
931 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday evening flight- airport

There WAS a fast track sign and that was the line we were in and it took 40 minutes! Crazy!

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday evening flight- airport

I hear you!!

not like T5 though where you have a true dedicated line!!

hope its didn't put a dampner on your hoiliday!! :)

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
931 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday evening flight- airport

No, it didn't put a damper! We had an amazing time from beginning to end.

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday evening flight- airport

good to hear!!!

6. Re: Sunday evening flight- airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2014, 06:19