We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VIlla location help

socalmatt
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
VIlla location help

Hi:

I was hoping to get some help from the experts. My wife and I are planning a trip to Provo in April 2014 for about a week. We decided to rent a villa but I can't decide what location would be best. We are hoping to find the perfect balance between convenience and seclusion: we want to be close to restaurants and bars, but also able to be by ourselves on the beach if we want to be (not literally alone, but in a fairly isolated spot.) We are young and active and don't mind a bit of a walk. So far I've come up with three villas that we like:

1. Atlantic Ocean Beach Villas: we like that it seems to be outside the main resort area, but also close to turtle cove. I like that it comes with bikes and a kayak, we are big kayakers. At the same time, I worry that it is too far if we want to go into the resort area for food. We would love to get by without a car, or only rent a car for half the trip, but I don't think that would be ideal with this location.

2. Spindrift: www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3547019

This seems a little closer but still somewhat out of the main area. I do notice, however, that it is right next to the Beaches resort, which I imagine crowds the beach. No kayak, no bikes. Probably need a car.

3. Villa Ono: www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p358177

This is right in the middle of everything, next to the Seven Sands. I could see us getting by without a car at this location, or maybe just renting for a couple days to stock up on food, explore the island, and then spend the rest of the time close by. But it's also right in the middle of everything: I would imagine we would have to walk a ways to get to a more secluded beach spot. No bikes, no kayak.

We hope to spend our days snorkeling, sitting on the beach, and, if possible, kayaking. I thought of renting a kayak for the week if we stayed at a villa without one, but the two I mentioned above seem too far from the beach to lug it back and forth everytime we want to go out. We would probably just go over to big blue to rent kayaks and explore the cays.

We plan on eating in for most breakfasts and lunch and then going out to dinner almost every night. We value our seclusion more than going out to bars, etc. We are pretty laid back and don't need anything fancy.

Any input on what location would be best for us? I am thinking AOBV but I am worried it will be too much of a trek into the main area. Obviously a short drive, but we prefer to walk or bike. On that note, would it be easy to bike from AOBV into the main area? It looks like lower bight road would get us most of the way there.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
641 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VIlla location help

In April you'll not need to worry about crowds. Have a look also at South Fleetwood. The location near Seven Stars is nice, you'll only need a car for 2 or 3 days.

maryland
Level Contributor
4,580 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VIlla location help

April is vacation "month" up and down east coast. It has been increasingly more crowded over the last 5 years.

socalmatt
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: VIlla location help

I'm not expecting large crowds, but would still like to avoid any "crowds" or noise right in front of the major resorts.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VIlla location help

We've stayed at ACBV and loved it there! BUT it was a split visit.... With the other half more in the 'hub'.

In the Turtle Cove area you have the options of dining at 4-5 restaurants . All within an easy walk/ bike ride.

I'm not sure that I would bike into the hub at night in the dark. Not that far, but not sure how safe I would feel in the dark. Cab fares from AOBV were quite reasonable, especially if using Gloria's Taxi which AOBV has a deal with.

If yo're looking for quiet..AOBV offers it!

socalmatt
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: VIlla location help

So it's not so much the distance, but rather riding on a dark road with cars? Thanks for the input.

Also found this one over at the far east end of grace beach. No pool, but a lot cheaper. Also close to the marina where we could rent kayaks:

www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p366784

Toronto
Level Contributor
555 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VIlla location help

We liked Ono villa. Very close to everything, a minute to Avis and Gateway IGA. They include a roller cart for groceries and beach toys. Only issue was you have to buy your own soap laundry and dish detergent...! So bring your own.

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
3,290 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: VIlla location help

If  you are considering Leeward, which would be quiet, surrounded by quiet beaches, kayaking to the mangroves, Little Water Cay just moments away, Big Blue Unlimited, there are 2 casual dining places, Salt Bar & Grill and Fresh Cafe & Bakery in the neighbourhood. Other restaurants, shopping and groceries, would require a car within 2 to 3 miles.

Not sure where Artimis is because the Map arrow is pointing to a lot that is empty. Here are some other Leeward Villas to consider.

http://www.vrbo.com/298408

La Salamandre, pool, on beach at the NE tip of Grace Bay

http://www.vrbo.com/51097

Acacia Villa, pool, on Leeward Canal with 2 kayaks

http://www.vrbo.com/377589

Barefoot Palms, pool, near Pelican Beach

8. Re: VIlla location help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2014, 06:21