We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Music at Club Med Turkoise?

Norfolk, Virginia
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Music at Club Med Turkoise?

Hello, my husband and I are staying at Club Med Turkoise in a few weeks and was curious what kind of music is played there?..

We stayed at Sandals on our last vacation and was a little dissapointed they played popular American/pop songs (sometimes it didn't even feel like we were in another country), whereas at a resort we stayed at in Punta Cana, they played reggae/latino/island music.

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,980 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Music at Club Med Turkoise?

Club Med songs? You will hear a lot of the Hands Up & Crazy Signs songs again. DR. JIM

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
15,251 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Music at Club Med Turkoise?

Mostly American pop songs, with DJ at nights

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,512 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Music at Club Med Turkoise?

Blamoma is mostly correct, although it varies a lot depending on the DJ. Some seem to like a lot of "Techno" stuff (at least, I think that is what they call it) and mostly relatively current American and European music. You will hear some Latino music, but not much/any reggae as Turks & Caicos is not really into that. There will frequently be a live musician at Sharkys before dinner and sometimes afterwards with varied music.

I would guess that the music will not be as "Americanized" as at Sandals, but probably not as island oriented as you are looking for. Oh, as Dr JIM says, you will hear some, mostly Latin beat music, for the "Crazy Signs" each evening, or around the pool at noon. Also, although it will be mostly American pop/oldies, the "Music Factory" evening show is usually pretty good/entertaining.

We'll be there Sept 21 - 28... or this time next week!

If you are new to Club Med, you might want to check my "Guide for first time GMs" at my web site: www.hammocktree.us/ms/trips.html at the top of the page. It will give you a better idea of what to expect. You may also want to check the several trip reports of our trips to Turkoise.

Level Contributor
627 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Music at Club Med Turkoise?

You might have some luck with hearing more island type music next door to Club Med - at the Royal West Indies. We stayed at Grandview and listened to some great island music from our balcony. It was being performed or played at RWI but the only time we heard any music was the Sunday night we arrived. Still, a delightful treat.

5. Re: Music at Club Med Turkoise?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2014, 06:20
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now