We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels Recomendation for stay in January

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
119 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels Recomendation for stay in January

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are planning on staying in January 2014. We are thinking of splitting the trip into 2 hotels (since they all seem pretty close on grace bay).

What are the major differences between the Seven Stars and the Alexandra? Are there other hotels really worth considering?

We do plan on getting a rental car.

Thanks!

maryland
Level Contributor
4,788 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels Recomendation for stay in January

There are a zillion other resorts to consider. Give some info, budget, likes, dislikes priorities etc.

Edited: 28 September 2013, 22:45
Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
119 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels Recomendation for stay in January

Well it's just my wife and I, so perhaps somewhere that isn't packed with kids. Someone on grace bay beach I think would be great.

Walking distance to restaurants etc would be nice. Budget somewhere around 300 / night for the 1st hotel (4 nights) and 500 for the 2nd (3 nights) would be great.

Beverly...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels Recomendation for stay in January

Contact Turks & Caicos Reservations. I'm sure they can find exactly what you are looking for.

http://www.turksandcaicosreservations.tc/

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels Recomendation for stay in January

Seven stars is much nicer and newer than Alex! but maybe split your time between West Bay Club .which is . Close to scuba and a better price point and Seven Stars close to all ( within walking distance to shops and restaurants and amazing service . That would be cool!

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels Recomendation for stay in January

I'm a huge fan of the Alexandra because they have one of the most relaxing and beautiful beaches on Grace Bay. I would recommend the Beach House which is a short drive down Grace Bay. Still close to all of the activity and beauty, this 20 or 22 guest unit offers a uniquely different resort experience from the larger resorts. Plus the dining is some of the best on Provo.

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
119 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels Recomendation for stay in January

Does the Alexandra have beach drink service?

Was thinking of the first 3 nights at the alexandra in a garden view room (unless they upgrade us) and then 4 nights seven stars ocean front (spoke to their reservations and they gave us a pretty good deal). This keeps us on budget and gives us a "treat" to look forward to mid stay?

Any down side to this strategy?

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
10,689 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels Recomendation for stay in January

When you are looking forward to that Ocean front balcony the 2nd half of your trip; you may develope eye proptosis(eye popping) when you see that beautiful view of Gracie. DR. JIM

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels Recomendation for stay in January

When splitting a stay along Gracebay. we like to combine two distinctly different. locations. For example, we've combined Somerset with Turks & Caicos club (Now Beach House). One is more luxurious and centrally located, while the other had more of a B&B, secluded feel. Every resort has its own personality.

Agree with provobum that www.turksandreservations.tc would be a great resource for you. They can also help you tie into special promotions with an extra night free offered by some resorts..

Edited: 01 October 2013, 21:10
Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels Recomendation for stay in January

I agree with Caribdesi...if you are going to be at Seven Stars (which you will love) maybe swtich up the location so you are closer to scuba at the other end of the beach..Beach House or West Bay Club are my suggestions to save you some money at the other end.

Or of you got a good deal at Seven Stars..just stay there and drive around the island to get a feel of different areas for next time. You will be pampered the whole trip .. xxoo Gigi

10. Re: Hotels Recomendation for stay in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2014, 05:18