We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October water and weather

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
October water and weather

Hi all,

I've done some google searching, but I wanted to post in here to get some opinions from people who have actually been.

How is the water temp and weather temp in October? This will be our second time to Turks and we are going Oct 13-19 this time. We went in March 2011 last time, and it was windy, somewhat chilly, and the water was a bit cold for us (especially my wife). Most of the people we spoke to at that time said it was a fluke, and that the weather was changing.

I know there's a higher risk for rain in October, but I'm really hoping we will like the water temps! Any experiences?

Thanks for any info!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,250 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October water and weather

hottest month of the year there!

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: October water and weather

We went in October two years ago and the water temp was wonderful! Even my husband who won't go in if it's the slightest bit chilly had a big smile on his face when he realized how perfect it was. Our weather was really nice too, some days had clouds but only a brief shower one day. And yes, it was very hot, just how we like it!

Have a great time!

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
10,837 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: October water and weather

Gracie will be running a fever(over mid-high 80's+) during the month of October. This means you can stay in that Ocean water a lot longer than you could in March. Less chance of hypothermia occurring. Wrinkling of your skin will occur and may prune you up a bit after an hour or so of being in that bath -like water. Enjoy your new appearance upon emerging from the water. DR. JIM

Edited: 01 October 2013, 01:47
Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,249 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October water and weather

We just got back from a week in Provo (9/21 - 28) and it was about the hottest we have ever seen the island (land and water). I suspect a couple of weeks will not make much difference so it should be plenty warm while you are there.

We had a couple of nighttime thunderstorms, but during the week, only about 20 - 30 minutes of daytime rain.

Enjoy!

Beverly...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: October water and weather

water is like a bath tub in October. My favorite month there

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: October water and weather

Sept & Oct are the best months, super warm water and hot days.

afternoon showers can be expected but don't last long.

if a hurricane is brewing you'll get days and days of notice and chances are you'll be gone if it even gets here!

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,778 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: October water and weather

We call it Rocktober for many reasons....quiet and warm, warm, and quiet! Enjoy!

Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: October water and weather

Water really warm. However I just checked the weather reports for the time you are here. Rain every day.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: October water and weather

Thank you all for the replies! We like it hot, and "bath tub water" was exactly what my wife wanted to hear!

Scubadave17 - What source are you using? The best I could find was a 15 day Forecast that goes to Oct 15th and it claims mostly sun with some clouds.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: October water and weather

brirye.....just so you know, Scubadave wasn't looking at any websites for weather forcasts.......he was just being ScubaDave:) !

We were there last October and loved it! The ocean was sooo warm.....!!! And the beach was soooo quiet! Perfect combination!!!

Enjoy!