We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Returning to The Somerset

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Topic
Returning to The Somerset

tciMike and TCILOVER will be proud of me. I just re-booked our January trip, this time returning to The Somerset. Got a poolside 2BR for all four of us. Looks great.

Basically, I called Turks and Caicos Reservations and gave them the news that I might not still be driving at that time. My wife had told me, "Even if you can drive, I don't want to ride with you!" LOL.

So, I had to find a more central location, and we all agreed on The Somerset. We had stayed there several years ago and enjoyed it very much. It's a beautiful property.

Not to mention the 20% off discount they're running helped to sway me.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Returning to The Somerset

That is GREAT news Desi! So happy for you and your family! You guys will have a great time I'm sure. The Somerset sounds like a perfect choice. Have a wonderful time!!

Patty

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Returning to The Somerset

That is Great Desi...so sorry we will miss each other by only 3 days...we could have repeated our "fun times" in the pool at midnight like the last time !! LOL LOL

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Returning to The Somerset

Shhhhhhh! What happens in Provo..... :)

Forgot to mention, some of our favorite restaurants are close by... Bay Bistro, Plunge at Regent Palms, Smokey's, and the new Crackpot Kitchen. Plus, Val has promised to take me to Three Queens for good food and a reunion with Dick (owner / bartender). Only problem is I no longer drink, so I guess I'll have to improvise. Do you think Dick and Junior (Bay Bistro's bartender) know how to make a Shirley Temple?

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Returning to The Somerset

That is really great news!! So glad you & your family will be returning - January is not too far away! Glad to hear Turks and Caicos Reservations got you a great deal. I've always loved the looks of the Somerset.

You will have to come back in June (we just booked our June trip)!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Returning to The Somerset

So happy to hear!

I'm sure that Junior can make you a mean Shirley Temple! He's a genius with his drinks!

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,232 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Returning to The Somerset

Great to hear that you will be returning to the island.

The Somerset will welcome you with open arms.....and the pool is even nicer than before.

Many great options nearby.

Sorry that we will just miss seeing you.

Mike

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,642 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Returning to The Somerset

Good stuff Des. We'll miss you by a few weeks yet again. Still reserving 3 Queens...

Milltown, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Returning to The Somerset

This is the BEST news on here in a long time...I wish I would be at that time to spend more time with you..Can't you go back in June?

I knew you wouldn't let your set back keep you away. GREAT NEWS!

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Returning to The Somerset

Great news that you have a trip booked! I know you and your family will have a wonderful time.

Wishing you all the best.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,157 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Returning to The Somerset

So happy to see you back!

I will try my hardest to come meet you!

Get answers to your questions about Turks and Caicos