We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early Trip Review Starting 11/1

Merrimack, New...
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Early Trip Review Starting 11/1

The bad, so far -Airport was a mess Friday afternoon. Three flights landing at once caused over an hour delay at customs.

The good - RWI, and the staff are incredible. Happy hour 5 - 7 works for us! Grace Bay, never disappoints. Taylor Bay, had our own beach for over

an hour today.

Meals so far, Caicos Cafe, Pelican Bay, Turks Kebob, Las Brisas. Second in line for the reopening of Caicos Bakery. IGA chicken in a bag. All the food has been over the top so far.

If you don't like the weather, just do what we do in New England, and wait a minute!

We have met so many interesting, and colorful people so far on our third trip to Provo. We are thinking about becoming condo owners. We. Love this island, and it's people! Next update will be when I come off this rum punch high! Thanks to all the TA people that we have trolled off of through he years! Peace out.

Merrimack, New...
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early Trip Review Starting 11/1

Forgot to mention the pizza at Bella Luna. Ordered a salad and a pie. Salad came right away, and the pie followed within the next 5 minutes. Thin crust pie from the old country was superb!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Early Trip Review Starting 11/1

Sounds like you're loving it there! Becoming an owner...awesome!

Can't wait until you come off your " rum induced" and fill us in on the rest of your trip!

Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early Trip Review Starting 11/1

kjs, we were the rowdy table of 5 at the pizza garden at Bella Luna tonight, hope we did not disturb your dinner. LOL!

Edited: 05 November 2013, 03:38
Merrimack, New...
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early Trip Review Starting 11/1

Tewks, you disturbed other peeps. We were there Saturday night! Tonight was Caicos Cafe , no resies, ate at the bar. Met the owner of Seaside Cafe and Lupos. Going to try Crackpot this week. Enjoy your stay!

maryland
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early Trip Review Starting 11/1

Did you meet owner of seaside cafe (tony) at lupos or at caicos cafe? Tony owns seaside and opus.

Merrimack, New...
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Early Trip Review Starting 11/1

We met Tony at Caicos Cafe. He was also eating at the bar. Grace Bay is a little angry this morning. In the 3 trips we have been here, I have never seen waves crashing in this hard. Started my morning walk dry, ended it looking like a drowned rat, thanks to a tropical downpour. It doesn't matter if it's raining in Paradise, because the alternative is, that I could be at work right now.

maryland
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Early Trip Review Starting 11/1

kj, great attitude, you should have seen Sandy's waves this time last year, they were all the way up the stairs at OCW.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
89 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Early Trip Review Starting 11/1

I enjoyed reading your review kjs - thanks for sharing! Can you please provide a few more details about the rum punch high?!?

Merrimack, New...
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Early Trip Review Starting 11/1

Irol...Details are sketchy, but from I remember from day 1 to now, just as my memory starts to clear about 11am, the rum punch feeding frenzy starts again! I think it has something to do with daylight savings time. That is my story, and I am sticking to it!

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
10,938 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Early Trip Review Starting 11/1

You are right about Gracie's water & beach not disappointing you. With the reef out about a mile it essentially becomes a lagoon. Makes it so much better. DR. JIM