We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

End Of Our Trip 11/8

Merrimack, New...
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
End Of Our Trip 11/8

The last few days have flown by. Last few dinners included Bella Luna (not the pizza garden this time), and Garam Marsala. Both of them were very dish licking good. Picked up already made sandwiches and salads for the beach from Graceway Gourmet IGA. Lunch at Chinsons (went with their Chinese menu, very good) before our Avis drop off, and airport fun. We did Caicos Bakery the last 2 mornings for breakfast on the beach.

Grace Bay really calmed down the last couple of days, but was still not back to normal. There was a lot of sea weed on my morning walks, on the beach, in front of the Seven Stars area, compared to other areas of my walk.

Leaving the airport on Friday was a breeze. We were there at 1:15 for a 3:25 flight. Checked bags, got tickets, and went through security in 10 minutes! My wife had the dreaded SSSS on her boarding pass, and got pulled over for a thorough bag check. After that, we sat for about 15 minutes in a very crowded departure area, then decided to sit up in the Oasis Club. It was a little humid, but shaded with a nice breeze. The beer was ice cold, there was music, there was plane entertainment, and we could actually hear the departure announcements. Highly recommend the FREE Oasis Club waiting area for a hassle free last couple of hours on the Island. Just as they called boarding for our flight, my wife got pulled over again for another bag check, but this worked to our favor. We went to the front of the line, they did a quick visual check of the same bag, and then we were let on to the plane before most of the 1st class peeps.

Flight to Miami was uneventful, but that airport still needs work when it comes to Customs. They have new kiosks for US Citizens but didn't want to overload their system, because it was new, so we had to wait in the regular Custom line. Our 2 hour layover, turned into 15 minutes of free time to get something to eat, before boarding again.

Overall, one of the most relaxing trips we have ever had. Everyone was great, from TA tips, Val at T & C Reservations, RWI employees, and new people we met along the way. Until next time. . . Thanks All!

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
10,960 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: End Of Our Trip 11/8

Oh boy, that dreaded Miami Airport fizzled your last leg of your trip. Otherwise , it appears that the conditions of Gracie being in such a nasty mood this past week, really hampered a lot of trips. But it should be better upon your return visit. DR. JIM

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: End Of Our Trip 11/8

I love your description of your last couple of meals as being " dish licking good"!

Glad that the water calmed down a bit for you.....we're hoping it will be back to normal by the time we get there!

We also enjoy sitting up in the Oasis Club upon departure. Not nearly as crowded, and they make a mean rum punch there!

Thanks for posting!

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: End Of Our Trip 11/8

Nice wrap-up to your trip! Sounds like you are hooked now like the rest of us "addicts"... ;-)

Good to know about the Miami Airport, seems like things haven't improved much since our last time through last December. Hopefully by the time we pass through again next June they will have their act together.

Thanks again for sharing!

Old Bridge, New...
Level Contributor
492 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: End Of Our Trip 11/8

My first trip to Provo is coming in about 4 weeks, what is the dreaded SSSS?

The Oasis sounds like a nice option, is there shops at the airport if I need to pick up last minute gifts? Preferably locally made though. We only have 5 days on the island and I'm trying to make the most of it

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
10,960 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: End Of Our Trip 11/8

Maria, SSSS is the being one of the chosen ones @ Provo Airport upon departure. 2 members of my family have experienced this twice, including one of my 4 yr. old twin daughters. Put it this way, you will be selected for additional security handling. There is a shop in one of the corners in the Airport human compaction zoo areas that has hand made items for your take home memories. YES, you can negotiate the prices. At least I did by 1/3 just 2 months ago. DR. JIM

Edited: 11 November 2013, 14:39
Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: End Of Our Trip 11/8

Thanks for posting about the end of your trip - nice about your good attitude turning lemons into lemonade (or cold beers!) at what could have otherwise been a sour ending…. :)

7. Re: End Of Our Trip 11/8

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2014, 05:17