We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre- Paradise Provo Prep Plan

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
10,729 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pre- Paradise Provo Prep Plan

Last Wednesday evening my wife & I went to dinner downtown Motown and for her entree they served her a paper product(non-edible) on a huge plate. She said it wasn't what she ordered(she was hungry). The server said "It's exactly what that man ordered for you sitting across the table and it took a long time to prepare it specifically for you because he said you have impeccable taste". " By the way, we are out of Prime Rib tonight". Then she walked away. With that I told her she should have ordered the Surf & Turf which I had sitting in front of me. Open it up and after a few seconds I said tomorrow afternoon you will be performing the Happy Island Dance on the beach on Grace Bay and eating lot's of Conch & Lobster on Provo for the next 6 days. Shocked & surprised! She said, I have to be at the Hospital tomorrow afternoon and what about this weekend? No, both our schedules are all cleared and my 42 yr. old daughter is taking care of her 3 younger sisters. Just you and I this time like the first time I introduced you to Provo. Provo Trip Report starts tomorrow. DR. JIM

Hilltown...
Level Contributor
2,732 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre- Paradise Provo Prep Plan

Have a great time Dr. Jim.

BTW - Did your wife get to eat dinner last Wednesday? ;)

new york
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre- Paradise Provo Prep Plan

Love it!

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,775 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre- Paradise Provo Prep Plan

Priceless Paradise at Point Grace! Have a great time!

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pre- Paradise Provo Prep Plan

Dr J, our paths are crossing. Going to the bank tomorrow to trade my penny jar for a fresh batch of $2 bills. Because god knows they won't accept the new $100 bills there.

Take a pen and pencil to write my address as of this Saturday...

Ziggy

Seven Stars

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pre- Paradise Provo Prep Plan

Hope you all have the best time! Can't wait to read the updates!!

Good luck Ziggy with those $2.00 bills.... ;-)

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,944 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pre- Paradise Provo Prep Plan

Have fun Dr J! Nice surprise for your wife.

You too ZIg! Wave to us from the Sky Lounge at the airport on your departure day like we did for ajax.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,500 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pre- Paradise Provo Prep Plan

Very sweet! Enjoy!

Old Bridge, New...
Level Contributor
492 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pre- Paradise Provo Prep Plan

Wow I'm arriving with very knowledgeable company Saturday!

And very romantic Dr Jim!

Can't wait to enjoy this wonderful island!!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Pre- Paradise Provo Prep Plan

Hi DR. JIM , can't wait to read your report!

I'm sure you had another wonderful stay on Grace Bay!

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,729 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Pre- Paradise Provo Prep Plan

Kimberlyterry--YES, DR. VICKI got her rare Prime Rib. Several other diners commented on this thoughtful romantic event. The server received a very nice tip for her performance(alright, we went over the surprise element & script before hand). Ajax1-- is either psychic or has a BJ 21 card counter's memory about Point Grace. I asked here on the forum back in July about what resort to stay for a romantic couples on the beach getaway. I haven't done the Trip Report(saiding where we' stayed) yet, so you can be on my "21" card counting team any day. Ziggy-- has taught me(increased my awareness) enormously on the food scene on Provo. Now he knows new $2 bills are more readily accepted than the new mutated $100 bills on Provo. They will love you more @ Caicos Cafe now. Again, thank you, Norita 19, PattyNewPortBeach, Joebwan(glad you are back home in NJ), MuyLinda23, Maria C and Maca81 for your kind comments. And now; NO-- we did not bring any electronic devices(no laptop,etc) during this sans children trip. Hence, my not-so-missed absence of forum presence here since last Wednesday Nov 27th. DR. JIM