We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thursday Night Fish Fry- this deserves it's own post!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Topic
Thursday Night Fish Fry- this deserves it's own post!

We went last night to the fish fry for the first time......but not the last time! What an amazing night!

It's held every Thursday night (weather permitting) at the Bight Park. Starts at 5:30pm until around 9:30pm. I would suggest that you go early though as it fills up fast! It seemed like half the island was there last night- and it's low season right now!

There were many local restaurants to choose from, all offering great local food! As per DR.JIM's suggestions, we started with the cracked lobster from Middle Caicos Cafe, then I had the lobster from Kay Jo's and DH had the jerked Chicken from Middle. All was excellent!

There was a great band playing that got a lot of people up dancing! Just a great night spent outside under the stars! And it was great to see tourists, expats and locals mixing and enjoying the evening! Heck, we even met one family that was staying at Beaches but wanted to get out and experience some of the island flavour!

I highly recommend that the fish fry become a 'must do' for every visit!! It truly was a wonderful evening!

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,645 posts
418 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thursday Night Fish Fry- this deserves it's own post!

Thanks maca. We are definitely going in a couple weeks, looking forward to it.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,317 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thursday Night Fish Fry- this deserves it's own post!

EWZ guest blogger the Hummus Whisperer was there as well last night with his family. This is what he sent me which I twitted...

Reporting live from fish fry..great venue. The winners are Uncle Dough's conch salad and foil fish from jerkeys

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
207 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thursday Night Fish Fry- this deserves it's own post!

so happy to see this post... we'll be there in 6 weeks and was debating whether to spend a night at the fish fry or not (so many choices, so little time). quick question though -- we have a hard time motivating to get somewhere early and generally in regards to dinner, we go late. If we were to go late, what issues will will be dealing with (lack of food options, seating issues, long lines, all of the above...)?

Usually, going late to restaurants allows us to miss crowds (and take a nap after a day on the beach).

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Thursday Night Fish Fry- this deserves it's own post!

I'll be there in March and I can't wait for the TNFF!

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,735 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Thursday Night Fish Fry- this deserves it's own post!

We went 3 Thursdays in the past 3 months. And if we get on the Island again on any Thursday in the future-you will find us here @5:30PM. All is well for this #1 Island weekly happening. Arrive @ 5:30PM if you like it some what quiet. For those of you who love a little bit of human compaction gatherings-arrive 7:00-7:30PM. Gets a lot louder with the music and chatter. DR. JIM

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,317 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thursday Night Fish Fry- this deserves it's own post!

Interesting question by Rob. My friends also told me to try to get there by 6 as it gets packed later on and there's no place to sit and eat the food. maca hinted on this as well.

Are things generally cooked to order? or its mostly pre-made

maca, how was Le Bouchon? Have fun at CC tonight. Hope you like it

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Thursday Night Fish Fry- this deserves it's own post!

Good questions! We arrived at 5:30pm and we're ready to eat around 6pm, Both the cracked lobster and lobster tail were cooked to order. But most items seemed to of been prepared beforehand. The sides were for sure. But prep work was also being done throughout the evening at some booths. I don't think by going late they're would be any problem getting food, but the crowds will be thick.

Even at that early hour it was hard to find somewhere to sit and eat. A lot of people just stood and ate their food. They really should look at getting more picnic tables.

FYI - Mr. Dough is Leonard's brother from Majestic Tours. It seems like the whole family works there or hangs out there. Great people!

Ziggy, my portion of the steak au poivre was excellent! Also, the cesaer salad was probably the best I've had on island. Even beats CB.

Looking forward to CC tonight! And then an early flight to GT. Will post my initial thoughts of GT tomorrow night! Safe travels Ziggy clan!

maryland
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thursday Night Fish Fry- this deserves it's own post!

Maca, had that ceasar at Le Bouchon also, it was wonderful!!!!

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Thursday Night Fish Fry- this deserves it's own post!

Sounds like a great time Maca! We will have to check it out on our next trip.

Can't wait to hear what you think of Grand Turk! :-)

10. Re: Thursday Night Fish Fry- this deserves it's own post!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2014, 05:18