We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay

NY
Level Contributor
186 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to Stay

This is our first visit and we are deciding between two locations which are roughly the same price through VRBO. One is a remodeled studio in Ocean East and the other is a one bedroom condo in La Vista Azul in Turtle Cove which is a little bigger in size. It will be just my husband and I and we are in our early 50's. Any thoughts or suggestions on the locations would be appreciated.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
9,928 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Stay

Ocean Club is close to the water/beach. La Vista Azul is across the road and a lot farther from the water/beach area. You would need a car here as there is not much within walking distance. DR. JIM

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Stay

Ocean Club East is on a great stretch of beach! Right next door is my favourite local restaurant - Flamingos.

Staying at OCE, they also offer a free shuttle to OCW where you can use all of their facilities or just to get you a little closer to town for shopping and dining.

Plus, walking the beach East of OC is my favourite stretch of GB! The Leeward Beach area is beautiful!

Staying at Le Vista Azul, you would definately need a car. Plus, you'd have to lug your chairs, umbrellas etc to the beach everyday as they have no beach setup.

For your first visit, I'd choose OCE.

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,167 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Stay

Ocean Club ....to me would be a better location and it is on the beach. Buildings are somewhat dated, but the area is nice to walk the beach and is located next door to Tuscany and The Venetian and then a nice walk to Leeward area and The Coral House.

We toured Vista Azul when it first opened. The upper units and pools do have good views of the ocean....but the walk to the beach would be a hassle and no bathrooms nearby.

I would suggest staying somewhere right on the beach for a first visit.

Mike

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to Stay

While Vista Azul is newer, the location is not as good. As others noted, it isn't on the beach. TCI is all about the water and the beach, so I would also recommend staying on the beach at OCE.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to Stay

I agree with all of the above posters....you will not be disappointed with Ocean Club for a first time visit. The beach there is so beautiful and they have a very good and reasonably priced restaurant with great tropical drinks and a very nice staff. I say go for it! :-)

6. Re: Where to Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Turks and Caicos