We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Northwest point vs Alexandra

Bartlett, IL
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Northwest point vs Alexandra

I can't decide between these 2 resorts. We are staying 5 days at Royal West Indies and need to find accommodations for 2 additional nights. Looking for laid back quiet resort with oceanfront and restaurant

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Northwest point vs Alexandra

if you have seen all the is to see around Grace bay then NW point would make a good change

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,778 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Northwest point vs Alexandra

Northwest Point is very quiet, really laid back and pretty far away from everything on the Island. Alexandra is central to Grace Bay hub area. DR. JIM

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Northwest point vs Alexandra

I would choose the Alexandra as it's right on Grace Bay. Northwest Point is not, so you would definately need a car.

Although you're staying on GB while at the RWI, the Alexandra would still give you a whole different feeing as it's further West on the beach than VDM. Two different hotels, two different experiences!

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
7,994 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Northwest point vs Alexandra

I'm not too sure Northwest Point has a restaurant.

We checked it out once......To me.....stay at the Alexandra.

Mike

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Northwest point vs Alexandra

Agree with Mike, The Alexandra would be a better choice.

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
274 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Northwest point vs Alexandra

Our first trip to turks and caicos was spent at NWP. It was SO far from anything and everything and the beach had a lot of washed up stuff and lots of flies. I am not sure how things have changed there over the past few years - we did take a drive that way last year and it did not seem like much had changed. I think after a week on GB, you may be disappointed... I'd stick to Grace Bay, unless you are really wanting something different.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Northwest point vs Alexandra

Agree with the previous three. We've never seen the NWP restaurant open in fourteen years of visiting Provo.

8. Re: Northwest point vs Alexandra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2015, 05:19