We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

avis rental - grace bay - horrible experience

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
avis rental - grace bay - horrible experience

planned to rent a car for 7 days. returned after only 3 days because many things were broken, no stereo, and was not safe. upon return to shawn at grace bay, he could not apply a partial refund or discount and the manager, pamela was out to lunch. rented a scooter instead since we still needed to get around and decided to deal with the refund part later since we already spent/wasted 1 hour to trade in car for scooter. after 3 days we elected to extend the scooter rental for 1 additional day. when we called to extend they required that we physically return to avis to sign for rental. we spent another hour to do this and when we asked pamela about the partial refund that shawn told us to talk with her about she got immediately defensive. said she knew nothing about it, called me rude and would not do anything. after spending/ wasting more than two hours of my vacation dealing with avis, being treated terribly (while trying to give them more business), with zero customer service I highly recommend you consider an alternate rental company. when you are on vacation, time is ultimately the most precious thing and avis wasted ours and provided a terrible experience.

unfortunate since the resolution could have been so much simpler, wasted less time and this could have led to a positive review.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
176 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: avis rental - grace bay - horrible experience

I'm hoping your message is not clear, rather than what it seems like on the surface.

It seems you were charged three days rental for a car you used for three days but wanted a retroactive discount. They wouldn't agree so you are using a bad review to punish them.

Obviously my understanding is incorrect. I'd suggest you clarify (Were they, for example, trying to charge you for the full seven days? That would certainly be grounds for anger, if that's what you're trying to say.)

New York
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: avis rental - grace bay - horrible experience

I am not taking it that way. I am taking it that they were charged for 7 days rental and were looking to get refunded for the 4 days that they did not use it. It is probably one of the reasons why this forum recommends Grace Bay car rentals as they get a more individual personal touch.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
176 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: avis rental - grace bay - horrible experience

"I am taking it that they were charged for 7 days rental and were looking to get refunded for the 4 days that they did not use it."

OK. I'd be angry about that too. The only times I've had problems with cars I've simply had the agency replace the car (Grace Bay Rental in both cases; no a/c) with no effect on the billing. I certainly would not have been willing to pay for the full seven days for the original car and ANOTHER four days for the replacement! That's very bad indeed.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
57 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: avis rental - grace bay - horrible experience

I'm not entirely clear on your issue either -- did you pay for three days and felt you were entitled to a discount/partial refund for the three days because you didn't like the car?

I recently dealt with both Avis PLS Airport and Grace Bay locations and had no major issues or delays at either location. The Grace Bay location had a sign that said something to the effect "cars available here starting at $29.95 day". It wasn't true, though, because they were out of those cars (but had ones for slightly more). Both times I rented the cheapest car which was REALLY TINY and had no radio and in one of the cars the front windows didn't roll down (by design)! We drove the car with 4 adults, luggage, and groceries on a bumpy, unpaved road and it handled fine. They accept Entertainment card discount.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: avis rental - grace bay - horrible experience

Sorry you had a problem. We've rented several car from AVIS, as well as others. They're all "island cars," but I've never had a major concern or problem.

Edited: 01 January 2014, 20:28
6. Re: avis rental - grace bay - horrible experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2015, 06:17