We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning first trip to Turks! help please :)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
173 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Planning first trip to Turks! help please :)

Hello everyone! My husband and I will be celebrating our 20 year anniversary with a trip to Turks in April. I was thinking of booking Blue Haven Resort, is this a good choice? location? will we need a car? ( I hope not! lol) We pretty much like to relax on beach/by pool. Prefer not a lot of kids.

Thanks!

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,214 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning first trip to Turks! help please :)

Good choice? YES. Location? Bit away from the main hub of Grace Bay in Leeward @ the East end of the Island. Need car? Definitely. Thinking April? High season--check for availability now. You made a good decision for your 1st trip to Turks&Caicos for celebrating your 20th. DR. JIM

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,708 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning first trip to Turks! help please :)

If this is your first trip I would suggest staying on Beautiful Grace Bay. Blue Haven is a very nice place , but is away from Grace Bay Beach, it's situated on a canal/inlet. Short drive to Grace Bay , but you will need a car..

Royal West Indies might be a good choice, or if looking for quiet LeVele, or Tuscany

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
173 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning first trip to Turks! help please :)

any opinions on The Sands vs Royal West Indies or The Alexandra?

My only concern about the Sands is lots of children??

Edited: 10 January 2014, 00:22
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
173 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning first trip to Turks! help please :)

also ... is taking a Taxi from airport to resort ok? Any tips would be appreciated :)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning first trip to Turks! help please :)

Personally, I would pick The Sands of the three. Nice location, close to many good restaurants. It's not 'over-run with kids, but there are kids there. We've found over the years that kids vacationing in T&C tend to be well behaved. Never bothered us.

I couldn't with a straight face recommend Blue Haven, because of its location.

nj
Level Contributor
166 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning first trip to Turks! help please :)

Hello -

We are going to the Alexandra for the 4th time in April. If you have any Alexandra specific questions please let me know.

7. Re: Planning first trip to Turks! help please :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 05:17