We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying JetBlue from JFK for summer 2014

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Topic
Flying JetBlue from JFK for summer 2014

Just had a quick question for any of you folks who fly out of JFK down to Provo on Jet Blue. My daughter and husband will be joining us next summer (end of June/early July) and have been checking out airfares on Jet Blue. Right now they are in the $1000.00 range pp. Yikes!

What has been your experience when buying airfare for that time? Is it better to buy it a few weeks out and wait for prices to drop? What is the average you guys pay for that route?

Thanks very much for any help!

Patty

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,396 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying JetBlue from JFK for summer 2014

Patty, I suggest heading across the Hudson to Newark. Just checked United's non-stops.

6/29-7/6 $495

6/29-7/7 $515

6/29-7/8 $495

6/29-7/9 $485

NYC
Level Contributor
312 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying JetBlue from JFK for summer 2014

We started looking in Sept. for our March 2014 trip and the fares were running in the $1000 range. Now they are in the $500-$600 range and have been since at least the beginning of the year. No way to know for sure if it will work out the same for June/July but ....

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,757 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying JetBlue from JFK for summer 2014

Patty, They will definitely go down. In mid July we have been paying around 500.00 to 600.00 on JB from JFK.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying JetBlue from JFK for summer 2014

Thanks Guys! Great tips and advice...I will pass them on to my daughter. Now do you have a way to speed up the months until July? :-)

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying JetBlue from JFK for summer 2014

Patti, I totally agree with the above posts.

We flew from Canada, with a connection in Newark ( not JB, but United) for $650.00 each. When I first started to watch airfare and for a long time airfare was $1,100 each.

We jumped when we saw the drop in fare! Which BTW was on a Tuesday. I read here on the forum that rates seem to drop on Tuesdays...for us that was that case also.

So glad to hear that you'll be enjoying your trip to TCI this time with your daughter and SIL!!

Edited: 21 January 2014, 03:10
Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying JetBlue from JFK for summer 2014

Thanks Maca! That is so reassuring about the airfare. I hoped it wouldn't end up being so expensive for them.

We are super excited they have decided to join us! Her hubby has never been so she is really looking forward to showing him the beauty of Grace Bay. They are such a fun couple too, we always have a blast when we travel together. Can't wait! :-)

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,396 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying JetBlue from JFK for summer 2014

Sounds like the island is going to be filled with lots of fun people in early July. Patty, I can see an Island Vibes TA gathering in the making!

Level Contributor
172 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flying JetBlue from JFK for summer 2014

Another thought to keep in mind when flying JetBlue, if you see the same flight online that you booked for cheaper, call JetBlue and they will put the difference in a travel bank for you to use in a future flight. Also choose seats in the rear of the aircraft because they de-plane from the back, and you get off quicker. Have a nice trip!

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,646 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flying JetBlue from JFK for summer 2014

Patty, its normally around $450-500 for us from Newark (United) which is also the closest to LES

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Flying JetBlue from JFK for summer 2014

Thanks Ziggy! So jealous of you all with that 3 hour flight. What I would give for that. :-)

Relayer, that sounds like a great idea...Island Vibes would never be the same after that, hehe!

And thanks lodeko for the tip on sitting in the back...I will pass that along. Good to know!

Edited: 21 January 2014, 18:30
Get answers to your questions about Turks and Caicos