We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8:40 am flight or 3:20 pm on Dec 30?

San Diego, Cal.
Level Contributor
136 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
8:40 am flight or 3:20 pm on Dec 30?

My choices of flights home are 8:40 am or 3:20 pm on Tuesday Dec. 30. Have to go all the way back to San Diego so lots of flights. The 8:40 flight would be easier on the arrival but I am worried about having to get up at o dark 30 to make the flight. What time would we need to leave the Beaches resort to make that flight? How bad would the crowd be for the 3:20 flight? If I take it I'll have to stay overnight somewhere on the way home but we have family in Miami so that is doable. Thoughts? I'll be with husband who hates crowds and flying and two girls 18 and 16.Wondering if getting up early and getting home the same day is worth it or if we should just lay low enjoy one more morning and then overnight in Miami.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13,547 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8:40 am flight or 3:20 pm on Dec 30?

We took the 8:40 fight this past December on a Saturday morning and the airport was quite empty. We were earlier in the month. You're talking about holiday season so the afternoon flight will probably be a mad house at the airport. If you search the forum you'll see the standard advice from those who go to Provo all the time is to avoid Saturday afternoons.

As a reference, we stayed at Alexandra which is right next to Beaches. We had a rental car. We got to the airport at 7:00, my standard 90 minutes early. It's a 20 minute drive. I think to be safe we left the hotel about 6:15. It is an early start but was nice and light by the time we left the hotel.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
13,925 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 8:40 am flight or 3:20 pm on Dec 30?

8:40 flight is best. Airport opens at 7, so it will be daylight

3:30 flight, have to go 3 hours ahead, it will be packed

3. Re: 8:40 am flight or 3:20 pm on Dec 30?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2015, 06:20