We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are tank tops / muscle shirts allowed on the island?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
61 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Are tank tops / muscle shirts allowed on the island?

I've read hundreds of reviews and I'm still wondering if it is ok to wear tank tops / muscle shirts on the island. I see the phrase "dress casual" over and over again on other forums, however, I don't see a forum about this topic. My family of four (me, wife, and two boys) will be visiting Providenciales in early July. We've been to many beaches in the U.S. and both me and my youngest son prefer to wear a tank top outside and inside many stores/restaurants surrounding our beaches. We do not dress this way to "show off anything", nor do we call the clothing the rude name it is sometimes called, but strictly because we both get very very hot. This clothing makes us feel comfortable and quite relaxed. Is it frowned upon, prohibited, etc. on Turks and Caicos?

-Thank you for your time and responses.

Mentioned in this post
Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
5,069 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are tank tops / muscle shirts allowed on the island?

I think tank top/muscle shirts are allowed all over the island in stores, resorts, casual/outside beach bars…..only in the daytime Not so much at night at a restaurant, you would need a tee shirt with sleeve.

Have fun!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
61 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are tank tops / muscle shirts allowed on the island?

Thanks so much for the response. This helps a lot! I can deal with wearing a t-shirt w/ sleeves to restaurants at night. Thanks!

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
8,457 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are tank tops / muscle shirts allowed on the island?

I guess there isn't an ordinance against them......but keep them for the gym and daytime.

LOL

I guess it really depends what your guns look like. LOL

I couldn't resist......

Mike

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
61 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are tank tops / muscle shirts allowed on the island?

LOL

Guns look the same as in the profile pict. Sorry! The shirts really are just for the hot temps.

I still have 3-4 months before our trip, so I will start working on the guns now! LOL

-thanks for your response.

Bucks County...
Level Contributor
3,022 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are tank tops / muscle shirts allowed on the island?

My husband wears tank tops during the day as well.

At night he wears a polo or a tank top under a short sleeved button down, so he can take off the shirt after dinner if he gets hot.

6. Re: Are tank tops / muscle shirts allowed on the island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2015, 06:16