We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purchasing a LIME SIM card ahead of trip?

Shelbyville, Indiana
Level Contributor
201 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Purchasing a LIME SIM card ahead of trip?

Has anyone purchased a LIME SIM card for T&C online prior to arriving on island? If so, can you have tell me the website. I've purchased an unlocked phone from Amazon already.

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,970 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Purchasing a LIME SIM card ahead of trip?

You have to go to the Lime, Digicel, or Islandcom location to get the card and it will come with some minutes prepaid. Then you can top up the minutes online or at one of their locations. That is what we did with Digicel a few years ago, now I top up online before I go each time with at least a few bucks because they will sometimes disable your phone for inactivity unless you top up.

I don't see how you can get the sim card online.

I guess you must have a trip coming up Shelbygirl? Have a good one!

Shelbyville, Indiana
Level Contributor
201 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Purchasing a LIME SIM card ahead of trip?

Hi Joebwan. Daughter and I are headed back May 9-18. This past year, she couldn't top my mother's day dinner from two years ago at Bay Bistro, so we must go back this year for a mother/daughter trip. When researching unlocked phones, I came across MrSimcard.com and it looks like you can purchase online and test that your phone works ahead of time. But a $5 card is like $29.00 which is crazy. Will you and Dash be on North during that time? We are thinking of another day trip to North and Middle, and another Big Blue Edge of the Banks full day snorkel trip.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,304 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Purchasing a LIME SIM card ahead of trip?

Lime at IGA supermarket has sim cards for $5. Don't go on line, then you have to go pick it up anyway!

Easy enough to do.

Shelbyville, Indiana
Level Contributor
201 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Purchasing a LIME SIM card ahead of trip?

Ok thanks. I'll not worry about it now then. If the phone I bought doesn't work, I know I can buy or rent there.

5. Re: Purchasing a LIME SIM card ahead of trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2015, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Turks and Caicos