We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

combining 2 resorts

vancouver
Level Contributor
594 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
combining 2 resorts

Hello Fellow TA members,

I am a travel addict but also a Trip advisor addict ..thank you for being there.

After many cancellations and changes in plans during these last years , finally few minutes ago bought my ticket to T&C, will be there for a week from 10 to 17th of May part of a 10 day vacation where i will stop over in Toronto on my way back to visit Niagara Falls.. Both T&C and Niagara falls have been on my long bucket list, so hopefully i will have well deserved fun after a long hard not so fun year.

I will be travelling solo, am a mature woman and like my own company but do not mind interacting and chatting with others either, like a bit of luxury but am budget minded. Last time i was going to reserve my room in RWI ( trip got cancelled so did not go) but now that ticket is bought , i was thinking of a combination of 2 places..RWI for the 1st 3 days to rest and relax after long 11 hours journey and then the last 4 days Club Med to enjoy activities, entertainment and learn and do some of the things i have always wanted to try eg: sailing , zumba etc ..

Money wise based on my calculations , there won't be much difference . Otherwise i will be back to my dilemma of choosing between RWI and CM based on my budget and my priorities ( like luxury and some activities but can not afford it all).

Any feedback about this idea ,good , bad , pros and cons will be immensely appreciated.

Thanks and happy travels

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,230 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: combining 2 resorts

Stay at RWI the whole time. Right next door is Club Med, you can buy night passes (or day ones if you prefer) yet have a much nicer room at night.

vancouver
Level Contributor
594 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: combining 2 resorts

Thanks Blamona for taking the time to answer.

Had thought of buying the pass as an option , though that will be an additional expense ..will check it again .

Cheers

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,775 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: combining 2 resorts

Since RWI is right next door to CM, I suggest staying at The Sands or The Alexander first, both similar in price to RWI. They are at the other end of Grace Bay, both beautiful beachfronts, have water sports and are within walking to the reefs and restaurants.

Then, if you want to switch it up, stay at CM for the rest of your stay. My daughter just got back from CM for 5 nights and was pleasantly surprised with the service, food, and outside area's. Just know that the rooms are basic, but clean.

Glad you can finally make it back...Have fun!

vancouver
Level Contributor
594 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: combining 2 resorts

Hello Ajax,

Thanks for the feedback, glad your daughter had a good time in CM. I do not mind basic room as long as it is clean as after a rest for the first 3 days in a nice place then usually i will be mostly out during the day ..it is just the few first days tired from work and trip that i am not social and like to have the option of being on my own.

I had checked both Sands and Alexander and love them both based on reviews and pictures however price is much higher than what i found for RWI.

Price wise, the ones close to RWI are Ocean Club resort same price, and the Atrium resort a little bit higher.

Another one which is a huge good deal would be Merlin Apartments but though great reviews find it far from beach with no car.

I thought if i combine 2 resorts , will have a mixture of relax /time on my own and active vacation/social . while there i like to do also at least one excursion, one snorkeling and also experience TC pony adventure as love the horses .

In club med , i like to do Yoga if available and Zumba , try to do snorkeling ( will try it first here in Vancouver) and learn how to sail ( something i have always liked to try).

Hopefully i can manage all i want :)

Thanks again for your insight...

5. Re: combining 2 resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2015, 05:15