We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Provo rum bars and North Caicos fun?

Eagle, Colorado
12 posts
Save Topic
Provo rum bars and North Caicos fun?

Going to T&C for the first time in 24 days!! We will be on Provo for a few days and wondering about doing some rum tastings. Any suggestions other than Da Conch Shack? We will be staying in Whitby on North Caicos for a week and we are so excited. Does anyone know if beach fires are allowed on the beach in Whitby or if firewood is even available? Really looking forward to this trip no matter what the weather brings!!!

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,943 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Provo rum bars and North Caicos fun?

Not sure about rum bars, although I think any bar could do a tasting for you. Bugaloo's is a great spot for doing that.

Fires are not officially allowed without a permit, but probably nobody would bother you. The bigger issue would be firewood since there are no big trees or supply. Most bonfires I have seen were with pallets and scrap construction wood which you won't find easily on North.

Have fun on North, we love that place.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,230 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Provo rum bars and North Caicos fun?

All beach bonfires require a $500 permit

Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Provo rum bars and North Caicos fun?

Clifford at Barracuda Beach Bar on North makes his own Rum, coconut, banana, and wild berry. All ripe for the tasting. I really enjoyed his banana rum, but you can't go wrong with any so yes, "taste" them all. Also Howard at Last Chance Bar and Grill on Middle makes an awesome rum punch.

Eagle, Colorado
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Provo rum bars and North Caicos fun?

Thanks for the tips everyone!!! I plan to "taste" a lot of rums!

5. Re: Provo rum bars and North Caicos fun?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 06:16