We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive resorts

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
161 posts
1 review
Save Topic
All inclusive resorts

Planning on travelling to Turks for the first time. Looking for all inclusive resorts, beach front, nice beach with calm water and good food. I have a 19 year old daughter who is active and hoping to find things for her to do daytime and night. Can anyone suggest some resorts,,

thanks,

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
15,112 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive resorts

FYI, TCI is not a typical AI destination. It's a quiet, not much nightlife de-stress on the worlds nicest beaches, catch up on books, bond with family, eat at excellent restaurants upscale, water activities kind of place.

Having said that, there are 2

Club Med-- adults only, has a "personality" made to mingle, limited food hours, only dancing place on island (consistent anyway). Rooms are really basic, no balcony, no patio, could use some upgrades. Only 3 restaurants with limited eating hours. Tons of activities, including trapeze, snorkeling boat trips, crazy "show" at night. Wide age group, I'd say most dancing at night are 30s and 40s year olds.

Beaches, totally geared to families with kids. Activities for Tweens, sesame street characters, water park, tons of restaurants, food at some point all the time, xbox room, nicer rooms EXPENSIVE

So I have to ask, are you stuck on AI? What attracted you to Turks and caicos in the first place?

I ask, and describe the 2 AIs because it's not like DR, Mexico, even Cuba, where these types of islands cater to it, so wanted you to make sure you knew what you're picking.

It's a very quiet island (Aruba for example has nightlife, this really doesn't) based mainly on the gorgeous beach (you'll never see prettier/nicer beaches) that pretty much wraps up early at night geared to water and families.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
161 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive resorts

I hear the beaches at Turks are one of the best. I actually just came back from Aruba and stayed at all inclusive resort but we were able to walk out of the resort and there was night life. Would like to try something new. I have been to Domenican many times, as well as Mexico and Cuba. But need to keep my 19 year old busy.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
15,112 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive resorts

If you need to keep the kid busy, it might be the wrong island.

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,775 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: All inclusive resorts

Unless the 19 yr. old is paying for the trip I would focus on what you want? Club Med is the closest thing going for you right now. And I believe from information you'd disseminated, that's marginal. DR. JIM

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,488 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All inclusive resorts

As has been said, if you want activities for the 19 year ole, Club Med is the best (only?) bet on Provo. There is a good chance you might find interesting activities also. It is a very social atmosphere, If you want t find out more about Club Med, check some of my trip reports with lots of pictures at my personal web page:

www.hammocktree.us/ms/trips.html and scroll down for the reports on "Club Med Turkoise" or ""Best beach" reports. Also read the "Guide for first time GMs" at the top of that page as it may give you a little better idea what Club Med is all about. It is different from the other all-inclusive resorts you have been to.

14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: All inclusive resorts

Where did you stay in Aruba? We are looking at an all inclusive as well. We want to be able to leave property and feel safe.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
161 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: All inclusive resorts

We stayed at Occidental, walking distance to many restaurants. Very safe to walk around.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: All inclusive resorts

No one island destination is right for everyone. You might want to re consider.

9. Re: All inclusive resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2015, 05:16