We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa De Mar vs Beach House

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Villa De Mar vs Beach House

We are planning to go for the first time in 2 weeks time. What is the verdict of Villa De Mar and Beach House? We are also bringing our 15 month old baby - are these 2 hotels good for kids? It does not need to have any specific kids facilities but are they are least kids friendly? Will staff/guests be annoyed with a small toddler?

PS: Any other kids friendly place that is 4/5 star would also appreciated.

Thanks!

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,425 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa De Mar vs Beach House

Villa Del Mar is tucked behind Grace Bay Club with a beachfront designated area.

Beach House is more of a boutique resort oceanfront on a long stretch of beach.

Have a car....BH is nicer.

No car VDM...you can walk to other restaurants and the Grace Bay Gourmet grocery.

Just the facts.

MIKE

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa De Mar vs Beach House

Both great resorts but Beach House tends to be quiet and slightly more reserved. I would recommend VDM over BH for your stay but would also consider The Sands and Ocean Club West which are great for families. If you can stretch your dollar, the Palms and Seven Stars in the 5 star category are great for kids.

Miami
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa De Mar vs Beach House

The Beach House would be a great choice for you and the young one. It's very private and accommodating with the size and offerings of the suites. Staff are very receptive to guests of all ages and my kids felt quite welcome. With the spaciousness of the grounds and beach area you will also not feel that you are disturbing others if you are the only ones with a child.

Another feature is the availability of inter-resort transportation which allows you to make the needed trips to the market for supplies. They offer courtesy shuttle to Market at Blue Haven Resort, nicely stocked with fresh bakery, organic selections, fresh fruits and vegetables and take out deli and meals.

I haven't stayed at the Blue Haven Resort yet but find this resort to be an excellent choice if you are not fixed on staying on the beaches of Grace Bay. It's an active spot for both the marina and resort guests with popular food and beverage choices.

If you are looking for an alternative on Grace Bay my other choice which I have stayed at before on a few occasions is the Alexandra Resort. Great suites, nice garden and pool area and very kid friendly. Nice private decks offer families the security of letting the kids move about freely.

Enjoy your stay! Provo is our #1 destination choice in the Caribbean.

Edited: 10 May 2014, 15:59
4. Re: Villa De Mar vs Beach House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2015, 05:17