We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches Resort...pricing!

UpstateNY
Level Contributor
339 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches Resort...pricing!

I've been looking into Beaches for years and can't seem to figure out if there are deals or not. Do people really spend upwards of 8-10k for a one week vacation for a family of four? I've priced it out all times of the year in the cheapest room possible and can't seem to find a deal. Even their website is still high even with the advertised 65% off. Has anyone found a good deal for this resort and if so, where did you book it?

Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
1,669 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches Resort...pricing!

Are you set on Beaches? There are many other options, condos and villas, etc. if you are not set on an All Inclusive. I'd start w. Turks and Caicos Reservations - on-island agency. www.turksandcaicosreservations.com

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,676 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches Resort...pricing!

Yes they spend that much.

No real secret deals

That charge that much because they can

In just the last year prices went up a lot, but they fill and everyone is happy.

Why not split a trip? A couple of nights at Beach, rest somewhere else?

But it is an expensive island so you know.

UpstateNY
Level Contributor
339 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches Resort...pricing!

I know this is a more upscale island but the other Beaches locations are just as much. Are there any other all inclusives all the island?

maryland
Level Contributor
4,993 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches Resort...pricing!

club med, adults only

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,172 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches Resort...pricing!

The island is so family-friendly & mostly a condo-hotel island with awesome restaurants, it's kind of a shame to do an all-inclusive. We've been 4 times already with kids (currently 2 & 5) and have never done an all-inclusive. There are amazing options that cost half of what Beaches wants. I promise!

UpstateNY
Level Contributor
339 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches Resort...pricing!

Thanks for the condo suggestion. When we vacation in the US we always rent a condo but it's a lot of work. I love the extra space but lugging things to be beach, renting chairs, grocery shopping and cooking is a different kind of vacation. We went to DR this past April and it was great to have everything done for us. I would love to try a Beaches resort but honestly for that kind of money I would expect too much and be disappointed.

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
7,563 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaches Resort...pricing!

IMO.....many better places to stay on Grace Bay and many wonderful restaurants to enjoy.

AI to some are the "easy" way to travel....but you miss so much sequestered at one resort all day.

Just my thoughts.

Mike

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,172 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beaches Resort...pricing!

It's not like that on Provo. Nearly ALL the beachfront resorts are all condos - anywhere from studios to 3 bedrooms. Some resorts are basic - no on site restaurant or water sports or kids clubs; others are full service - several on site restaurants, kids club, spa, excursions, water sports etc. ALL the major Grace Bay resorts have their own beach chair set-up & service on the beach. No rentals necessary. Nowhere near as busy as DR!

What's your preferred price point? If you stay centrally, the gorgeous grocery store is a very short walk from many resorts.

We've stayed on Provo with kids every time & I hate schlepping once on vacation. You don't need Beaches on Provo. Nearly any other resort will offer an amazing (and full service) experience without the up charge.

Suggestions are: Seven Stars, Ocean Club West, Grace Bay Club, The Alexandra, The Sands, Royal West Indies & Villa del Mar.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,676 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beaches Resort...pricing!

Condos in TCI are actually treated like resorts-- win win situation. You get tons of room (full kitchens) yet have loungers umbrellas, restaurants, concierge, excursion desk......

Gorgeous rooms! Granite, comfortable mattresses, free wifi......

UpstateNY
Level Contributor
339 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beaches Resort...pricing!

I just looked at Ocean Club West...5k for a week and I haven't bought food, drinks or airfare. I think I'm on the wrong island! I think after all is said and done I will probably be close to the Beaches price. I realize this is a more upscale island but for double the price I doubt it will exceed my expectation.

What are some of the differences that makes T&C better than say, DR, Aruba or St Martin?