We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches resort security? No wristbands?

Orange County...
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches resort security? No wristbands?

I'm curious. Since there are no wristbands worn at Beaches resort then what is to prevent someone walking up from the public beach to use facilities and restaurants?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,899 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches resort security? No wristbands?

If you aren't staying at Beaches, try to walk up the steps to the resort from the beach. One or several of the security guards will come over to greet you. It's like they can tell who's staying there and who isn't. They are very nice, but they are very clear that if you aren't staying there, you're not welcome on the property.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
36 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches resort security? No wristbands?

Absolutely! Security is everywhere at Beaches and they will stop you. I have been stopped there by security on one occasion when I was walking around the grounds and I stopped another year I was on island and asked a guard, very politely, if I could just look around and I was told "no". He told me to call ahead 24 hours for a tour.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches resort security? No wristbands?

Yes, they will give a tour if you call ahead. You'll get a good "feel" for what it's all about. If you have the same reaction we did, you'll know immediately if it is or isn't for you.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches resort security? No wristbands?

Thanks. They must have a huge amount of security then to be watching everyone that walks up from the beach.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches resort security? No wristbands?

I don't believe it's a big problem.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
15,521 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches resort security? No wristbands?

There's only about 5 access points from the beach (docks with stairs) you can't come in otherwise.

They also have a "sense" of who's really staying there or not.

Really, you want to see it? Pay for a day pass. Otherwise, try not to sneak in, not cool!

Orange County...
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaches resort security? No wristbands?

Ha ha! Blamona, I wasn't trying to sneak into the resort. I am staying there next month for 7 nights. And I asked because every AI that I have stayed at in the past used wristbands and I heard Beaches does not. I just read a review from someone that said they felt hassled by security while staying there. I would rather wear a wristband then get questioned every time I come up from the beach.

8. Re: Beaches resort security? No wristbands?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 05:16