We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roadside Food ??

Easton, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Roadside Food ??

When we get our car I would love to be able to stop and get some roadside food. Jerk Chicken?? for example??

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,903 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roadside Food ??

Chinson's on Leeward highway across from the Do It Center.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
585 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roadside Food ??

There's a place, can't remember the name, it's on the south side of Leeward highway, near the Flamingo roundabout when coming from the airport. They have a walk-up type of stand with wings and some ladies selling fruit and some other things on the side. Sorry for being so vague, I don't know what it's called but it looked busy!

Providenciales
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Roadside Food ??

That would be Sweet T's. He sells wings and fries. Order by dollar-as in--give me 3 dollar chicken and 2 dollar fries. The ladies selling mangoes are no longer there. Good place to eat when you are broke-otherwise not so much.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
10,331 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Roadside Food ??

You can get Oxtail, goat, chicken, pork, shrimp, grouper, etc @ Chinson's. Definitely off the Island Highway(Roadside). You want Jerk Chicken? You got the best here. Sometimes there is a DJ playing music(that's what they do). The owner(whom the restaurant is named) is actually one of the 1st attorneys on the Island. DR. JIM

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
585 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roadside Food ??

There's also Turks Kebab almost across the street from Graceway Gourmet, walkable from Ports of Call. (that is if it's still there!)

Easton, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Roadside Food ??

Dr. Jim, how do you know so much about the Turks and Caicos? Have you live down there for a while? Thanks for all the help. My travel agent booked a car for us from Hertz at the airport? Have you ever heard anyone using them. I know you said Grace Bay Rental. But, when I found out she booked it already. I just left it. So, from further discussions about saftey on Provo. You suggest not going to Malcom Beach. Looks really nice. I wanted to explore the island with my family. Going to small little beaches, explore?

7. Re: Roadside Food ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 06:17