We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunset

Greenville, South...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
sunset

Does the sun set on the ocean

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,902 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sunset

It depends on where you are and what time of year.

Edited: 04 July 2014, 15:59
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
10,291 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: sunset

I always like to know when Sun High is going to be straight up above. It's going to be about 1:15pm in the Islands today. Sunset around 7:30pm tonight and tomorrow's Sunrise a few minutes after 6am. Now enjoy all 3 of them. DR. JIM

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sunset

where will you be?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: sunset

Agree with Joebwan. Grace Bay runs east - west.

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,184 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sunset

Much of Grace Bay Beach runs Southwest - Northeast. The section of beach toward the NE has a view of the sun that allows a sunset into the water (and potential "green flash") much of the year. I have a number of pictures of the sunset into the ocean from Club Med in Sept and Oct, but much later in the year and it would be setting into the western end of the island. For best sunsets, get as far toward Leeward as you can get at sundown time..

Greenville, South...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sunset

grace bay in october

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sunset

No, it will set over the land

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,184 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sunset

Based purely on our experience at Club Med in Sept & Oct., I think you could still get a sunset over water through October by going well up toward Leeward. We were there in early Oct last year and I have some sunset pictures from the middle of the Club Med beach and the sun was setting over water, but you can see the land just off to the side of the sunset.

Mullica Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sunset

Take a sunset sail, such a treat and the sun will set over the water.

10. Re: sunset

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Turks and Caicos