We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi

maryland
Level Contributor
5,004 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi

Very disappointed in a very popular taxi service on TA. Because I believe there are two sides to every story and maybe there was just a miscommunication, I will not mention the company. But, I will give a shout out to Virgil's taxi and tour company. Bailed us out.

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi

This is just another reason why we will always rent a car for the entire time we're on island. Not sure what happened, but do not like having to depend on others for transportation.

maryland
Level Contributor
5,004 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi

We always rent a car but ttewks1 returned it on Sunday when he returned home. i havent quite mastered the driving. Around town maybe but not to the airport. We usually have friends who can bring me when I am not with ttewks1 but no one was available.

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
65 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi

I had bad a couple of bad experiences with a popular taxi service myself. Last year they didn't show up to pick us up going to the airport. This year they didn't show up when I arrived at the airport. Apparently, they were "busy"... Needless to say, I'll never use them again. Totally unreliable.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,645 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi

Sorry this happened to you, tewksMD - stressful for sure. Safe travels!

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,251 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi

Taxi's, besides being expensive are now are having that unreliability factor too on Provo. DR. JIM

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
4,189 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi

The taxi rates have gone up again. The rate sheet I saw had more than doubled the rates. Trying to get my hands on a copy. Get a quote BEFORE you get in.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
586 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi

We were left high and dry for our return transfer as well by the highly recommended taxi service we're not mentioning! We were saved by Cedrick and I have the number if anyone needs his info.

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,032 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi

The highly regarded company needs to be outed. Is it Majestic?

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi

Yes, please tell.....

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,093 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi

When I did use taxis, I never felt the need for a dedicated one. Especially ever since the drunk driver at Coco Bistro gave me two tens back when I gave him a twenty, and was pleasantly surprised when I handed him one of the tens back. Why avoid all that fun

Get answers to your questions about Turks and Caicos