We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this you??

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,751 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Is this you??

Ever since returning from our trip in June, I've been heartsick to return, but we don't have plans to return until June of next year. So what have I been up to? Checking airfare several times per day for the 2nd or 3rd week in October for me and one of my sisters, with the hopes that our other sister joins us this time.

This is like a sickness - I can't stop thinking about floating from Villa Renaissance to Point Grace, getting out of the water, walking back, repeating. I can't stop thinking of swimming at Smith's Reef in that little "pool" area near the rocks where the boats cut in to go to the marina. I can't stop thinking that if we go in October it's lobster season. I can't stop thinking of drinking an iced coffee on the beach in the morning when it's so quiet that all you can hear are the waves.

What is wrong with me? And is this you?? Is there even a cure for this??

Gibbs Cay
Islands, Beaches, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Reefs
Little Water Cay
Islands, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Reefs
Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,603 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this you??

Oh Linda, come on we all know what it's like and what the only cure is.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,751 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this you??

Haha, Keater! Commiserate with me. :)

Devon, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this you??

Yes,it is a sickness.why i'm booked for 3rd trip starting in less than 48 hours and already booked next one our 4th for nov over thanksgiving...LOL...First 2 trips were in august also.on Grace Bay. and Turtle tail villa's.love it in august..this time went for Villa on Long bay..Can't wait to see my favorite side,south side again...

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,126 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this you??

Is This You? YES!! This is what I did. Last August went for a full 2 weeker with my 4 girls. Made plans then to rent a private charter boat for late November(just 3 months later). Gave DR. VICKI a 10 hr. notice @ a Wednesday evening dinner @ a restaurant(she thought it was for her #60) with a plate entree with just a paper on that plate to get packed to go to Provo @ 6am the next morning sans our 3 young daughters for 5 nights @ Point Grace. She got to operate/pilot that boat was a Big surprise to her too. Only true Provo addicts think of stuff like this. I will be on the Island in 2 weeks with my 4 girls for another 2 full weeker. YES, I took my turn out of place(cuts are okay in my book) to return(sneak back in) in 3 months, but I'd needed that quick fix to return. Now, you being the addict you are like me, you will do what it takes to return for October. So you are going to takes cuts. Then you will take that June 2015 trip. DR. JIM

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,892 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this you??

Yes, this is me, as well. What did I do….booked our fourth trip of the year for the fall!

It's the only way, Linda, you have to do it…Villa Renaissance is waiting for you!

NH
Level Contributor
3,393 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is this you??

Trip number 2 and 3 (for this year) are booked. ...Just counting the days to go back again (and again).

maryland
Level Contributor
5,080 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is this you??

#5 for this year in Oct/Nov

I am pretty sure I wont be able to last till then.

Edited: 31 July 2014, 21:09
Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,087 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is this you??

Yup, it's a problem. We are finishing up booking the next three so we can make it through the winter. Roctober is next!

tewksMd, I think you should get a job now since you obviously have way too much free time on your hands. ; )

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,249 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is this you??

Sure is. I dream about my next trip all day everyday.

joe, are you and dash planning a Dec. trip this year?

Exeter, New...
Level Contributor
669 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Is this you??

Hi, my name is Anne, and I'm a TCI addict. I'm always thinking about my last fix and scheming how I'm going to get my next fix. I'm jealous of those that get to get their fix several times a year.