We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel insurance

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,469 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Travel insurance

I am booking my stay through turksandcaicosreservations, and they do not offer travel insurance. Can someone provide me the name of a reputable place to buy this insurance? I see many online, but I want to make sure I get a reputable company. Thanks!

Carolinas
Level Contributor
221 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel insurance

We've used TravelGuard for years and feel very comfortable with them. Not necessarily the cheapest by any means, but they are extremely reputable and reliable. Some years ago had to make a quite substantial claim for a cancelled vacation because of the unexpected death of a relative. TravelGuard could not have been more helpful and efficient in dealing with the claim.

http://www.travelguard.com/

Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
1,556 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel insurance

We have used Travel Guard for 4 years now. Travelguard.com Fortunately never had a claim so no experience there. They were recommended to us by a local insurance agent where we live...that's who they use for planning their trips. They did have some claim experience and were pleased.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel insurance

We have always used insuremytrip.com. They give you a ton of different plans to choose from with all different levels of coverage. They are very helpful on the phone too if you have any questions. Good luck! :-)

Edited: 02 August 2014, 18:17
Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,227 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel insurance

Insuremytrip.com

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
10,689 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel insurance

My major concern is to be covered for medical & evaculation coverage. Travel Guard covers up to $150K, FrontierMEDEX is unlimited, Medjet Assist is unlimited, ON CALL International is unlimted I only pay about 1/5th of the regular airfare and we got our new base of operations covered, so I want to be covered again for strange insect bites, major tropical diseases, major medical crisis or accidents, evaculation back to the states, etc. Caveat, don't go for a super low $39 travel insurance policy. They usually have a lot more exclusions and I don't to be informed "It's not covered" when a claim is presented. Look @ the reviews & ratings of companies before you purchase. DR. JIM

6. Re: Travel insurance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2015, 06:16