We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi tour? Best beach? Help please!!

England
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
177 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi tour? Best beach? Help please!!

Hi

Would we be able to get a taxi tour of the island after we disembark from our cruise in December? Any idea of the cost?

If we decided to stay on a beach, is the cruise area beach as good as Governor's Beach or, if not, how much would a taxi be to GB please?

Any tips and suggestions gratefully received.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi tour? Best beach? Help please!!

Yes you should be able to get a tour from a taxi, but you have to ask for it as most of them will be taking people to specific places. Not sure of the cost.

Governor's Beach will be less crowded and less noisy than the beach by the cruise port. Taxi to GB should be $5 to $7 one way. There is a bar there and restrooms. The beach at the cruise port has several places to eat and bars.

Another beach that is really nice is the beach at the Bohio dive resort. The taxi's would be happy to take you there too.

I love Grand Turk. I hope you enjoy it.

England
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi tour? Best beach? Help please!!

Thank you. Will there be sunbeds and parasols at Governor's Beach and will we be able to get a taxi back to the port easily? Same answers for Bohio Beach?

Your help is appreciated.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
15,992 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi tour? Best beach? Help please!!

The ships offer a "shuttle" that you can get on and off of all day, so you can go everywhere at leisure.

Taxi are at the cruise port, and there's a poster with the prices.

There's a nice beach with lounge chairs and umbrellas at the port, and there's chairs and umbrellas at Govenor's Beach when a ship is at port for cruisers.

It's a tiny island--8 sq miles. The lighthouse and Conch World are out of the way, but not really worth the effort. So really, check out small Cockburn Town, the prison, and the excellent little museum. If you can fit in Gibbs Cay, it's excellent too.

The turquoise water there is stunning!

England
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi tour? Best beach? Help please!!

Thank you very much. Do all the ships have these shuttle buses? We shall be on P&O Azura.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi tour? Best beach? Help please!!

There are sun beds but I am unsure about parasols. The taxi's regularly check both places for people wanting to go back to the cruise center. I know at Bohio they usually try to find the people they brought. I hope this helps. And if you have time, I would recommend the museum as well. It should only take you about an hour to do the whole thing. They also have a gift shop! Enjoy!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
15,992 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi tour? Best beach? Help please!!

Don't know about your boat, but you can at their website see what excursions they offer.

I've seen more than 1 boat take the "On-off" taxi (shuttle) , it should be listed under your ships excursions (or if you used a travel agent, ask them to get you the info.)

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi tour? Best beach? Help please!!

Yes they have Taxi Drivers that does tours on the island. they can even take you too a beach of your choice and come back at a specific time requested... i would recommend Pillory Beach some also calls it Bohio Beach..The beach is stunning and not overcrowded. it cost 7 dollars per person to go their.. also heres a link to a local taxi driver that does tours and regular drop offs and pick ups......mamadeataxiandtours.com

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi tour? Best beach? Help please!!

Yes they have Taxi Drivers that does tours on the island. they can even take you too a beach of your choice and come back at a specific time requested... i would recommend Pillory Beach some also calls it Bohio Beach..The beach is stunning and not overcrowded. it cost 7 dollars per person to go their.. also heres a link to a local taxi driver that does tours and regular drop offs and pick ups......mamadeataxiandtours.com

Hialeah, Florida...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi tour? Best beach? Help please!!

I want a taxi when I get there in my cruise to go shopping and to go to the beach

Hialeah, Florida...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi tour? Best beach? Help please!!

Thank you for your help