We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snorkle by boat or Governors Beach?

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
68 posts
39 reviews
snorkle by boat or Governors Beach?

Hi,

i Want to go snorkeling in Grand Turk. Is it worth it to pay $80 for the trip by boat or should I snorkel for free at Governors beach?

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
16,093 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: snorkle by boat or Governors Beach?

For best snorkeling in Grand Turk you need a boat (although it only takes minutes to boat to the reefs) the shore snorkeling is not as good. You may want to try snorkeling at Pilory Beach at Bohio Resort, but again probably need a boat to the reef, it's a 10 minute swim from shore in open waters.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
489 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: snorkle by boat or Governors Beach?

I would take a boat, as it is a very long swim. Booking off the cruise boat is fine; however, you will be snorkeling with a huge group. I would recommend contacting Grand Turk diving instead.

http://www.gtdiving.com/

Their boats hold a max of about 12 people. They cater mostly to divers, however, last week when I was diving with them, they also took along a few snorkelers from the cruise boat. Everyone on board had a great time. Grand Turk is an awesome place for both snorkeling and diving, and I Wish I was there now!

3. Re: snorkle by boat or Governors Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 14:15
Get answers to your questions about Grand Turk