We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 Day on a Cruise

Florida
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
1 Day on a Cruise

What MUST I do or see at your beautiful Island on the day when I visit ???

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,137 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 Day on a Cruise

What time of year are you visiting? A day trip to Salt Cay is a good bet Jan through March when you are likely to see the humpback whales. If you enjoy snorkeling, a trip Gibbs Cay is a lot of fun.

Mentioned in this post
Salt Cay
Salt Cay
110 Reviews
Salt Cay
Gibbs Cay
Gibbs Cay
306 Reviews
Grand Turk
WEST ROAD,GRAND...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 Day on a Cruise

Be sure that you come to town and meet the locals. We enjoy tourists and they get to find out how we are living.Don't forget to visit John's on West Road Beach and say 2 for 5 and you will get your local Turks Head beers Ice old and cheap (if you drink).Good Luck.

Mentioned in this post
Ft Lauderdale
Level Contributor
22 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 Day on a Cruise

Spanish Princess,

I hope your post gets more replies.

We are going to be on the island for one day in mid-March and I am looking forward to TA's suggestions.

We are a family of 4.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 Day on a Cruise

Rent a golf cart and explore beautiful Duke Street and the historic downtown. Along the way, stop at the Sand Bar for the best Rum Punch on the island! Then plan a stop at the museum and spend some time there learning the history.

Plan on ending up at Pillory Beach and have lunch at the Bohio Resort and enjoy relaxing on the beach!

Enjoy your day on GT!

Mentioned in this post
Pillory Beach
Pillory Beach
173 Reviews
Grand Turk
5. Re: 1 Day on a Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 February 2014, 23:35
WEST ROAD,GRAND...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 Day on a Cruise

Well Cruisers, born and raise in this beautiful isle of Grand Turk. Recently retired. Our beaches are all lovely and still virgins-We have beautiful beaches stretch from Carnival Pier,Governor's Beach,West Road Beach straight to Pillory Beach and North Creek. You have to take a taxi,bus, rent a bike,motor bike or Jeep ,car or Island tram,they all past the lovely beaches , the local tourists shop,food stalls and restaurants. Be a judge for yourself.You have 5/6 hours on the island.There are lots to see and enjoy during your stay here.I will post John's ON West Road soon.If you want privacy you got it,it is still yet to be explored.Feel Free,Enjoy the breeze and forget the snow.See you in GT.

Mentioned in this post
Governor's Beach
Governor's Beach
60 Reviews
Turks and Caicos
Pillory Beach
Pillory Beach
173 Reviews
Grand Turk
Grand Turk
Grand Turk
Turks and Caicos
Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
13 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 Day on a Cruise

HI, I will be on a Carnival cruise that will be coming into port April 28th. I was hoping you could answer some questions for me as this is my first cruise and I know nothing about the ports. Do you know if we can walk from where the ships dock to the town or beaches? I prefer to explore on my own rather than take the excursions offered if at all possible. I like being around the locals, seeing historical & cultural areas. Our times on land are from 7AM until 2PM. Any suggestions of places to see and activities that we might enjoy would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Lydia

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,137 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1 Day on a Cruise

No you cannot walk from where the ship docks to "town". However walk a bit from the cruise ship terminal, take a breath and enjoy the island....ask for a taxi to take you to Cockburn Town. Enjoy wandering about Grand Turk and enjoying the spirit and tastes of this unique island!

Mentioned in this post
Cockburn Town
Cockburn Town
Grand Turk
Grand Turk
Grand Turk
Turks and Caicos
WEST ROAD,GRAND...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 1 Day on a Cruise

Hi Lydia, you said the right words. Come and spend some time with the friendly ,Local staff at John.s on West Road Beach,we will love to have you after your sightseeing. Ask the taxi to take you straight to our gate.You will have a private, virgin beach for you, your friends and family. Be sure to ask for the promotional code of 2 for 5.AuntyEdie.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
13 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1 Day on a Cruise

Hi, thanks for the invite! How far is John's from where Carnival docks? I am planning on taking the Island Tram Great Salt tour and would probably come by there after. Is the a site where I can check out John's so that I can pass on the info to other passengers on our ship?

Get answers to your questions about Grand Turk