We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance from Osprey Beach to cruise ship center

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
129 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Distance from Osprey Beach to cruise ship center

How far is the cruise terminal from Osprey beach, and does anyone know how late the scuba dive shops stay open in January?

Grand Turk
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance from Osprey Beach to cruise ship center

The cruise terminal is at the south end of the island which is about 3 miles from the Osprey Beach Hotel. If you want to scuba dive, I would definitely recommend advance reservations as there are only 2 dive shops on Grand Turk licensed to take cruise ship visitors diving outside of the cruise ship excursions.

Toronto
Level Contributor
556 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance from Osprey Beach to cruise ship center

Licenced? I thought as long as you had your cert card you can dive with anyone, or are there special rules for cruise shippers?

Grand Turk
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance from Osprey Beach to cruise ship center

Mikeycanuk - Sorry my earlier post wasn't clearer! The dive operator who runs the cruise ship excursions can only take bookings from cruise ship divers made via the ship (not directly from cruise ship guests). There are only 2 other dive operators on Grand Turk who have a business license to take people scuba diving who are either from the cruise ship or from the local hotels. I hope this provides some clarification!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
129 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance from Osprey Beach to cruise ship center

So does anyone know as to how late in the day the dive shops remain open for business?

Toronto
Level Contributor
556 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Distance from Osprey Beach to cruise ship center

Now I get it. Makes sense ,Oasis has a huge thing going on with the ships with an iron-clad contract I imagine. I also heard Carnival has serious money in Oasis and their 17 boat fleet. Those catamarans are sweet looking boats.

Grand Turk
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Distance from Osprey Beach to cruise ship center

TexasBluesCruzer - Your best bet would be to contact the two dive shops directly, Blue Water Divers (info@grandturkscuba.com) and/or Grand Turk Diving (info@gtdiving.com), with your arrival date and ship name, as schedules can vary by day.

7. Re: Distance from Osprey Beach to cruise ship center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2015, 17:17
Get answers to your questions about Cockburn Town
Recent Conversations