We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taylor Bay Access

Level Contributor
48 posts
Taylor Bay Access

If anyone is looking for a way to Taylor Bay, there's still one, well one at least to my knowledge and of course if u're not renting one of those places that have an actual access to the beach. U have to continue driving on Chalk Sound Rd and make a left on Silly Creek Dr. Park on the side of Chalk Sound Rd and Silly Creek Dr right before the new gated community and where the road turns to the right. There are 2 dirt roads next to where u will park, take the one to the right. As u're walking, u'll find 3 piles of rock and dirt (I'd say approx. 3 feet), u'll have to either climb them or go around them (it's gonna be a bit tight because of wild bushes though). Right before reaching the beach, u'll even see what's left of Dick Clark's house (just the orange tiles on the floor). It should take about 10 min walking to reach the beach from the road and 10 min back.

7 replies to this topic
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Taylor Bay Access

Are these instructions still valid or is there an easier way to get to the beach

TIA

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Taylor Bay Access

Just followed the instructions and they are still accurate..the beach has quite a lot of flotsam on it unfortunately from Irma. But still a beautiful view.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
16,099 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Taylor Bay Access

It's private access and trespassing

That's the reason for a pile of rocks blocking the path that you have " to go around"

Best legal access is by boat or jetski

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
16 posts
4. Re: Taylor Bay Access

Will Taylor Bay be in better condition by end of march?

Raleigh, NC
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos, Providenciales, Grace Bay
Level Contributor
3,556 posts
302 reviews
5. Re: Taylor Bay Access

As Blamona stated, YOU WILL BE TRESPASSING if you try and access Taylor Bay by land!!!! Kayak or boar, OK>

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
16,099 posts
25 reviews
6. Re: Taylor Bay Access

I see you’re staying there—I’m sure it’s fine. By March like it never happened (Sapodilla next to it got wider)

Edited: 27 October 2017, 03:19
Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos, Grace Bay, Grand Turk
Level Contributor
12,403 posts
1 review
7. Re: Taylor Bay Access

There is no longer any public land access path to Taylor Bay Beach. It's now private property up to the high tide berm. Dr. Jim

Edited: 27 October 2017, 03:27
Reply to: Taylor Bay Access
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted