We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pictures From Yesterday

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
16,074 posts
25 reviews
Pictures From Yesterday

Just got back--

Do not cancel your trips!!! Tourist sections are ready for business, Grace Bay looks gorgeous. Go to Facebook and see some pictures I took Yesterday, only 1 week after Maria, 3 weeks after Irma!

To all wanting to change plans, keep them!!! Restaurants are opening, supermarket is fully well stocked.

In the hub, you'd never even know hurricanes hit.

This is not to take away from areas that were badly hit, Blue Hills and Five Cays are bad, as is South Caicos, Salt Cay and Grand Turk.

So don't cancel, your vacation will be amazing (gorgeous already!) So go to my Facebook link below for yesterday pics.

And when you come down, it's only $25 to check in an extra suitcase of donations, flashlights, batteries, clothes, diapers, all will go far in helping those that did loose their houses

https:/…

36 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
1. Re: Pictures From Yesterday

thank you for the info. We don't go until Dec. We love the island.

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos, Grace Bay, Grand Turk
Level Contributor
12,403 posts
1 review
2. Re: Pictures From Yesterday

Planning on going for the 1st or 2nd long weekend of December. Going to help out 2 friends who'd lost most their possessions from Irma. Dr. Jim

Edited: 01 October 2017, 18:34
Raleigh, NC
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos, Providenciales, Grace Bay
Level Contributor
3,503 posts
302 reviews
3. Re: Pictures From Yesterday

Thanks for the update and pictures Blamona!

Got my 2nd suitcase (that will stay on Provo) ready to go with health items.

Counting down the days (13) until we're back on Grace Bay.

Glad your place was OK.

saratoga ny
Level Contributor
309 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: Pictures From Yesterday

Blamona, where is the best place to bring donated items?

Edited: 01 October 2017, 19:52
Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
16,074 posts
25 reviews
5. Re: Pictures From Yesterday

There are numerous places around the islands, some even from resorts--where are you staying? I donated through my neighborhood dropoffs--Beyond TCI here and Paul our weather guru also has donations.

When are you going?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
37 reviews
6. Re: Pictures From Yesterday

So there is electricity across most of the island and no issues with sanitation or airport? Thanks for the pics

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,996 posts
25 reviews
7. Re: Pictures From Yesterday

There's electricity in the Grace Bay area, hotels and restaurants. It's getting better in the other areas, but some areas have been without power since Irma. Blamona can answer more specifically about the other areas. As to the airport, it's all good. 19 days for us, and I can't wait.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Pictures From Yesterday

Can anyone let me know if Kokomo Botanical Beach Resort is open for business please? We have a confirmed reservation beginning October 13, but alas, the resort has not responded to any of my emails or texts since last Sunday. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Maine
Level Contributor
68 posts
9. Re: Pictures From Yesterday

Oh my gosh! the pictures made me want to be there tomorrow...Thanks...

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
16,074 posts
25 reviews
10. Re: Pictures From Yesterday

wee--mo idea, sorry

Worse case other places will be open if your stuck--Sands opened yesterday, others will be open by then. So worse case go anyway and transfer your stay

Momo--airport is fine. Sanitation in Five Cays and Blue Hills is worse, but Grace Bay area, Leeward, parts of Turtle Cove are business as usual and sanitation as usual. (you can tell from my pictures of the shopping area, doesn't even look like hurricane affected it)

Landscape looks a little funny, but plants were starting to bloom yesterday. (some shrubs still look like brush fire, but will also come back)

Edited: 01 October 2017, 23:38
Reply to: Pictures From Yesterday
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted