We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grace Bay Turtle Cove ?

KC, MO
Level Contributor
525 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Grace Bay Turtle Cove ?

I've read and seen a few videos that show Grace Bay Beach recovering nicely... So happy to see this! I haven't heard or seen much about the Turtle Cove area... Does anyone have any info on that area? Thanks!

9 replies to this topic
New York
Level Contributor
855 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grace Bay Turtle Cove ?

I understand power has been restored to Turtle Cove and several restaurants are open. Why don't you check with the agency you are renting from? I know TCVillas has updated all their villa listings on their web page, many of which are in Turtle Cove.

KC, MO
Level Contributor
525 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grace Bay Turtle Cove ?

Thank you for your reply Tropicalbird. Great to hear power is restored and restaurants opening in Turtle Cove! I'm in the early stages of planning our summer 2018 trip. We stayed in a cottage in Turtle Cove 10 years ago. Love that area and the great snorkeling steps away!

Gloucester...
Level Contributor
443 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grace Bay Turtle Cove ?

I had seen a photo of a large yacht washed up on a beach next to the entrance to the Cove. Anybody know anything about that? Has it been removed I wonder?

Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grace Bay Turtle Cove ?

Missbsail - the large boat as well as a smaller dinghy were both still washed up against the shore/beach area as of Thursday afternoon. Sad. Mango Reef was open; could not tell for sure about Tiki Hut. Area was kind of quiet at the time.

Edited: 14 October 2017, 22:17
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grace Bay Turtle Cove ?

I was there this week and the 100 ft boat was gone. A good sized sail boat was still there..

New York
Level Contributor
855 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grace Bay Turtle Cove ?

Any possibilities of some photos of Turtle Cove for those of you who have visited since the hurricanes? Thanks.

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
4,488 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Grace Bay Turtle Cove ?

Both the Sanity and the Taino broke loose during Irma. The Sanity was brought back to the dock the day after the storm. It took another week to bring the larger yacht back. The Sea Rascal is the sailboat that is beached. She is fine. She lost a hatch and the mast during the storm but remained dry. Her owner is currently very busy throughout the islands working with aid groups and as the boat is safe where she is -will deal with her later. The blue boat that capsized in the marina has been righted. The sailboat in the channel was lifted within the first week after the storm. Not sure what happened to the local sloop the large yacht took out when it broke loose. I know of no large beached boat as of a week ago.

Gloucester...
Level Contributor
443 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grace Bay Turtle Cove ?

Wow I wonder how they go the large motoryacht off the beach, it was "high and dry".

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
4,488 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Grace Bay Turtle Cove ?

They dug it out, then tried to pull it off with a much smaller boat. It was somewhat comical to watch. Sometimes it is best to go with the professional salvage operations we have on island--but in the end after a few days of digging they got her off.

Reply to: Grace Bay Turtle Cove ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted