We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal West Indies/Sands Info Please??

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Royal West Indies/Sands Info Please??

My husband and I booked a trip to sibonne for July but travel agency has suspended business with them due to frequency of misplacing reservations and reports of poor service. We had booked an oceanview room there and have been informed we will be automatically moved to RWI and placed in a studio oceanview for the same price as Sibonne and this is an upgrade because Sibonne is less expensive than RWI. The questions then: are RWI oceanview studios nice, how are the views really? We realize that we will probably need to rent a vehicle for a few days but still end up making out ok on the deal.

We were originally attracted to Sibonne because we wanted a quiet adult vacation where we could lay on the beach during the day with books and have great dinners for the evening entertainment. Our other original thought was to stay at Sands in a gardenview room which at this point will cost us $100 more.

Any thoughts on which resort and how they might meet our needs? Thanks.

kansas
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal West Indies/Sands Info Please??

We stayed at RWI last October and loved it. We were in an oceanview studio on the third floor and loved getting up and going onto the balcony to watch the ocean. Our first night there, it was dark and we were placed in an ocean front room (which we paid for ocean view) on the ground floor, but you couldn't really see much because of the flowers, trees, etc. We requested another room and without a problem a employee told us he could show us 3 different rooms, but he would take us to what he thought had the best view (which was the one on the third floor). The rooms are very nice, each has a washer and dryer, fridge, etc. The beach was beautiful, but you can probably say that about anywhere in the T & C's. We also ate at Hemingway's (which is at the Sands). The resort also looked very nice. I did like the fact that it did have a little convenience store on site. With either one I don't think you could go wrong. (FYI the Sands balcony's are screened, RWI's is not- but we didn't hve any problems with bug, etc).

kansas
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal West Indies/Sands Info Please??

We stayed at RWI last October and loved it. We were in an oceanview studio on the third floor and loved getting up and going onto the balcony to watch the ocean. Our first night there, it was dark and we were placed in an ocean front room (which we paid for ocean view) on the ground floor, but you couldn't really see much because of the flowers, trees, etc. We requested another room and without a problem a employee told us he could show us 3 different rooms, but he would take us to what he thought had the best view (which was the one on the third floor). The rooms are very nice, each has a washer and dryer, fridge, etc. The beach was beautiful, but you can probably say that about anywhere in the T & C's. We also ate at Hemingway's (which is at the Sands). The resort also looked very nice. I did like the fact that it did have a little convenience store on site. With either one I don't think you could go wrong. (FYI the Sands balcony's are screened, RWI's is not- but we didn't have any problems with bug, etc).

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal West Indies/Sands Info Please??

Thanks for the info. How did you find the restaurant at RWI ? We have read mixed reviews. Also, as it is just the two of us, we were hoping to find a place that would have few children and be quite quiet. Any thoughts on which might be better?

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal West Indies/Sands Info Please??

rootbooty - was wondering what building you stayed in and the room number? We are going in May and want a high floor, close to the beach and possibly away from the Club Med side. Sounds like your room might meet our requests.

kansas
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal West Indies/Sands Info Please??

txgirl6080

I actually don't remember the room number, but the building we were in was sort of at a slight angle. The building adjacent to us was straight facing. Now a room in this building on the 3 floor is the one you would probably want with the BEST view.