We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches T&C- First week of May (Questions!)

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Hampshire
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches T&C- First week of May (Questions!)

My DH and two young children are heading to Beaches May 3-11 and were wondering historically how crowded Beaches gets at that time.... Is this considered the beginning of low season? We're hoping it won't be busy!

Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches T&C- First week of May (Questions!)

I think everyone will agree that Beaches is by far the busiest resort on Provo.

Others will have better insight, but from the comments and reports I've read through the years, they seem to stay pretty busy, year-round. I know they were sold out the first week in June when ours and other resorts were at 30-60% occupancy.

Lansing, Michigan
Level Contributor
233 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches T&C- First week of May (Questions!)

Greetings Fraz! DW, DS (5) and DS (8) will be there May 7th - May 13th. Not sure about your question, but we were also hoping that May would be a great time as it should be past Spring Break and just prior to Summer break. We have traveled several times to the Caribbean (on cruises) in the past during May and it seemed to work out well.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches T&C- First week of May (Questions!)

We went during presidents week 2 years ago and it was like a small city. I was going to the pool at 6am to get 3 chairs and they were already taken. People would put their books or other personal items on the chairs to hold them. By midweek there were fights because other people would remove the stuff and sit there. It seemed alot easier getting chairs on the beach. Also if you want to eat in the oriental restaurant make your reservations as soon as you check in or you will never get it in. The seafood restaurant does not need a reservation but you must get there early because they fill up fast.

It is a great place with the best beach I have ever seen, you will enjoy it.

England
Level Contributor
208 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches T&C- First week of May (Questions!)

Hi, This may sound like a stupid question but when is preseidents week? (I am from the uk and we dont have that here!)

I take it that week is a time to avoid if we dont want crowds?

Thanks!!

Lansing, Michigan
Level Contributor
233 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches T&C- First week of May (Questions!)

Presidents Day in the U.S. is Monday, February 18th. Most children in school have a short mid-winter break around the same time, so it is a popular time for U.S. families to travel. This is followed by the official Spring Break (varies by school) that normally takes place in the months of March and April. Judging by the posts on the forum, these are both busy times at Beaches!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
711 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches T&C- First week of May (Questions!)

I will be at T&C April 19-26th which is spring break for my kids (east coast). I do understand it will be busy, but is it spring break for most schools?

Dont mean to sound dumb, but Im just not sure.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaches T&C- First week of May (Questions!)

In our state (Georgia) each school system and private school sets it own calendar. There's no "magic" date.

8. Re: Beaches T&C- First week of May (Questions!)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 20:20