We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Mar Villa, Taylor Bay - Feedback?

atlanta
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Bahia Mar Villa, Taylor Bay - Feedback?

My family and I have reserved the Bahia Mar Villa for the first week of June. This is our first trip to T&C/Provo. I would appreciate hearing feedback from anyone who has rented this villa or knows anything about it and the Taylor Bay area. Thanks!

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
203 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahia Mar Villa, Taylor Bay - Feedback?

I have not stayed at this villa but know the area if that is any help? I think this villa ticks all the boxes for you and your daughter, as seen in your other posting. You will need a car to get around. I believe a bar/ restaurant has opened near by, about 1/2 mile away.

Taylor Bay is idyllic and you will probably have the beach to yourselves most days. The sunsets are beautiful from there. Two of our children are the same ages as yours and they love it - they feel as if this is their own 'Treasure island'.There is a tennis court at one end of the beach so they play tennis, swim, snorkel, a little bit of jogging but basically chill out from school! we eat out most evenings and occassionally they may go to a bar, after dinner, for a bit of nightlife and to break away from the 'mouldies'. otherwise we just relax in each others company and catch up. if this is what you want then you have definitely chosen the right spot!

atlanta
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahia Mar Villa, Taylor Bay - Feedback?

Sounds perfect! I'm sure we will end up doing as you and your family has done - sounds like a great situation for all of us - Thanks!

Level Contributor
99 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahia Mar Villa, Taylor Bay - Feedback?

Hello Pawn,

Bahia Mar is wonderful. You should love it.

I have been to T&C and stayed on Taylor bay before. I would buy property right there if only the queen would just sell off the left hand side of the bay! I am renting Bamboo House this March. Right behind yours. We toured Bahia Mar when we met the renters there last visit. I always hesitate to post anything about Taylor Bay as I wish it to always remain my favorite spot on earth.

Be sure to kayak in Chalk sound and drive all the way down to the end of "our" road to see the maga mansion that is Emerald Isle. Rumors say the Fararri family owns it. We kayaked to it before it was inhabited and got a full tour from the plumbers who were happy to show us around.

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
3,985 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bahia Mar Villa, Taylor Bay - Feedback?

Rumours appear to be a bit behind the times. The mega mansion you refer to is Emerald Cay and belongs to Yellowstone Club World.

Level Contributor
99 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahia Mar Villa, Taylor Bay - Feedback?

Thanks for the update/correction Lobomago,

What is Yellowstone Club World and did they buy it from an Italian family?

When we toured it the workers said it was owned by a Italian family and we saw many of the boxes and creates imported from Italy holding furnishing and such.

Is it open to the pubic now on some level? The private theater was amazing and the detached master suite had a cirular bed. A small stream of water ran right through the living room and "waterfalled" into the lower grand entry. In the livingroom one wall was actually a view into the side of one of the pools.

Not my style but really fun to see. It was so huge but really layed out like a home not a club. We saw it in March of '06. They said it would be done that Summer.

Stamps

Vinton IA
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bahia Mar Villa, Taylor Bay - Feedback?

Just returned from Provo, staying 4 nites at the Sibonne on Grace Beach and a week at The Cottage, Taylor Bay. Taylor Bay is great for small children in particular as there is no under-tow and you can walk out a long long ways into the water at knee level. Very peaceful. GREAT sunsets. Our small rental for 4 adults came with resident cats, outdoors only. We enjoyed them. If you don't feed them, they won't come around - they seem to have friends all over the area.

you will need a car where you are staying, to get to the grocery store if nothing else. We rented the smallest from Avis and would go a bit larger next time.

We did not need a car on Grace Bay. the Sibonne is one of the oldest small places on the island, maybe 30 units, not in the middle of the crowded all-inclusive resorts, the most beautiful beach I've ever stayed on (including Cayman and the US and British Virgin islands).

I'm glad to have tried both locations. I loved them both, although they were quite different. Taylor Bay is more remote.

Vinton IA
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bahia Mar Villa, Taylor Bay - Feedback?

Forgot to mention - there is a miniature snorkel spot at the buoy/tie-up in the bay. Lots of small versions of the deeper-water reef fish, some crabs, sea sponges, etc.

If you are snorkeling with children under ten, take a cheap blow-up mattress for them to lay across so they don't tire out and perhaps wait until low tide. Snorkel to the bouy you see bobbing in the middle of the entrance to the bay, for your own mini-reef experience.

atlanta
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bahia Mar Villa, Taylor Bay - Feedback?

Great - Thanks for the info, I was thinking that we would have to go to Grace Bay or on a day trip to do any snorkeling - it's good to know that we will have an option close to "home". We can't wait to go...only 3 months now - haha!

Southeastern PA
Level Contributor
438 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bahia Mar Villa, Taylor Bay - Feedback?

bump-

Emerald Shores guest house/Emerald Cay mega-mansion in Chaulk Sound

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
203 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bahia Mar Villa, Taylor Bay - Feedback?

Two different places - what are you trying to say??

:)