We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

About to book at the Sands- one more question

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southeastern PA
Level Contributor
438 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
About to book at the Sands- one more question

We have decided on the Sands, and we were going to go for the Gardenview 3 br, per another thread that said that it's not worth it to pay for the ocean view, since there's no guarantee you'll really be able to see it! However, there's only one gardenview 3 br, it's booked, so we're going with oceanview.

My question(s): Can you request a specific room # when you book, and if so, is there one in particular that you'd recommend? I think my preference would be 1st or 2nd floor. They told me that all 3 br oceanviews are in building 3. Any suggestions on that?

It's my husband and myself and our 22 month old daughter, and my sister and her fiance.

Thanks, guys! I feel really good about the Sands; it looks great!

gtp.

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,654 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: About to book at the Sands- one more question

You will love The Sands and your daughter will have a blast in the kiddie pool!

You can request 1st or 2nd floor(or 3rd), not sure if it will do you any good. The units are in a rotation so the rent is fair for all of the owners. The 1st floor will be more convienent to go in and out of the screened porch rather than up the stairs and in the door, however, a higher floor will give you a better view. Either way building 3 will give you a king in the master, a queen in the 2nd bedroom and a pull out sofa or murphy bed in the 3rd.

Have a great time!

Southeastern PA
Level Contributor
438 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: About to book at the Sands- one more question

Thanks, Ajax. I am so excited, and of course wish I was going right now! It sounds like there are benefits to each floor. I do think I don't want third(though the view might be the best) because of all of the stairs. Thank you about the info on the bed arrangements. Are the baths in the bedrooms?

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: About to book at the Sands- one more question

We usually stay in a 2 bedroom in building 3. The master bedroom has a bathroom as part of the bedroom. There is another bathroom in the hallway for the second bedroom. I think you will love the views from building #3.

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,654 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: About to book at the Sands- one more question

Private bath in the master, another bath between the 2nd and 3rd bedroom, and a 1/2 near the kitchen/hall with the washer and dryer in it. Plenty of space for all!

Providenciales
Level Contributor
794 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: About to book at the Sands- one more question

Building #2 and #4 are not fully renovated yet if that is a consideration. I am not surprised that you could not get a garden view unit. There is only 5 inthe 2 bedroom category, which is why those go so fast, especially when you consider that oceanview sometimes really means just a sliver. Of those 1 is also rented with the next studio as a three bedrooms. In the OCeanview category, you can get a 3 bedroom in building #5 2nd floor and quite a few in building #3.

Southeastern PA
Level Contributor
438 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: About to book at the Sands- one more question

I booked the 3 br oceanview this morning at The Sands. Yippee!!!!!!!!! Thank you, guys. And I requested a room in building 3. Just 166 days. hehe :)

7. Re: About to book at the Sands- one more question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 10:22