We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I made my reservations this afternoon!!!

PA
Level Contributor
902 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
I made my reservations this afternoon!!!

We decided to stay at The Sands. We originally booked a 3 bedroom suite at OCW, but the other family backed out.

After researching it a lot, we decided it would be better to stay at The Sands. We reserved a 2 bedroom oceanview suite. I emphasized I woudd rather a 2nd or 3rd floor. (OK, don't laugh - I am really afraid of lizards, and figure they won't get in my room up there!!). Nicola took care of me, and said I was not the only lady to feel that way! :)

Nicola was a doll - when she heard I had 2 teen boys, she said she'd get us a suite with 2 twins, so they didn't have to share a bed.

I am really excited!! I think having the free kayaks, windsurfers, & Hobie Cats is a plus, as my 2 boys love that stuff!

They've never been to the Caribbean before. My one son is graduating from high school, & this is part of his present. Neither wanted a big loud place. They wanted a smaller resort, with beautiful beaches & water, some nice pools & lots of water sports. We will definitely be spending a few days snorkeling & scuba diving.

The Sands has a summer special....pay for 5 nights, get 2 more free (total 7 nights). OCW had that same deal.

Sorry for the lengthy post - just super excited!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I made my reservations this afternoon!!!

"congrats"...isn't it a great feeling!

Totally something to look forward to.

new jersey
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: I made my reservations this afternoon!!!

You'll love the Sands. Have a wonderful time!

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
457 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: I made my reservations this afternoon!!!

Congrats!!! We stayed at The Sands our first visit back in 2006. We really enjoyed it there.

You will love that resort as well as T&C period... Its beautiful!

newport news
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I made my reservations this afternoon!!!

Don't want to freak you out, but since you mentioned the thing about lizards, I thought I'd pass along this tip. When we were at RWI, we had a very TINY crack under our door that was apparently big enough for some tiny, baby lizards to squeeze through. I didn't much like this so we always put a towel down to cover the crack. Just FYI!Have a blast!

PA
Level Contributor
902 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I made my reservations this afternoon!!!

Eeew.....I want a lizard free room! I WILL put a towel by the door. Thanks!

Southeastern PA
Level Contributor
457 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I made my reservations this afternoon!!!

Congrats, nuttyone, it is so exciting to finally decide- it took us awhile! We went from Beaches(which was how we heard about T&C), to a villa, then with the help of this board decided on Sands. We got that deal, too- it really helps knock the price down. I wouldn't have known about it if Ajax and CaribDesi hadn't told me about it. This forum is a life-saver.

We're there the first week in August and I cannot WAIT.

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
7,624 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I made my reservations this afternoon!!!

Nuttyone

Congratulations on making your decision to stay at The Sands. It's a great spot and you will have an amazing time. My very first stay on Turks was at The Sands and look what happened!!!! I became TCIMike

Have a great vacation!

Mike

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I made my reservations this afternoon!!!

Have a great time!! It is exciting.....keep dreaming of those beautiful blue waters!! Don't worry, the lizards won't come past the 1st floor.

Bayonne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
761 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: I made my reservations this afternoon!!!

I originally use to stay at the Ocean club....but in recent years have gone exclusively to the Sands. Beautiful section of the beach and I have always found the staff to be friendly and engaging. Plus you always meet nice people on the beach. I just booked with Nicola on Tuesgay for June and i'll return again in August.

PA
Level Contributor
45 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I made my reservations this afternoon!!!

Congrats as well! I just booked my airfare for next Feb. but am waiting on some deals for resorts. I am also torn between the Sands and OCW.

It will be just my husband and I traveling and we have read a few reviews that place is getting overrun with families with small kids. I am hoping not as we were looking for more of a quiet place, especially at the beach!

You will have a great time with your older kids I am sure!